Perivolas or KatiKies?

Search

Perivolas or KatiKies?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perivolas or KatiKies?

Help! I'm trying to decide between two resorts for my honeymoon next June. I'm stuck with indecision between Perivolas and KatiKies... any adice would be most appreciated please!?
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 08:47 PM

The accomodations at Perivolas are more artistically decorated. The amenities at Katikies are more comprehensive. The view is the same.

For a third option, as long as room service isn't an issue, take a look at the Aspaki Villas. They're the most beautiful and original accomodations on the island.

www.artmaisons.gr
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Hi,
We stayed at Katikies Suites and it was just beautiful. They literally ran up and down steps to please you. One could not help feel very special while you are there. One point--the pool is at the bottom of where many of the rooms are so you are definitely walking up and down a lot. But--we felt , with all the eating we did, that this was good for us!
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 11:30 AM

You're probably not looking for more suggestions, but we just stayed at Oia Mare for 4 nights in Oia for our honeymoon. I believe it's not as resort like as the 2 you mentioned, but price wise we paid 185 Euro/night adn we loved it. Rooms were very nice, pool beautiful, adn a wonderful wonderful view of the caldera and sunset. Plus very easy to walk to restaurants/shopping in Oia.

Have a great trip, our Greek honeymoon was amazing!
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 01:38 PM

We just returned from our honeymoon at Perivolas. We absolutely loved it. They manage to meet your every need in an incredibly beautiful location, while also being laid back and down to earth. I didn't go down to see Katikies, but heard that Katikies is more formal, feeling that your voices should be hushed, etc... I think it's probably completely an issue of preference -- Katikies is likely more "luxurious" in the colloquial sense of the word. More similar to a Ritz Carlton kind of place, while Perivolas is more rustic and traditional and casual and simple. The luxury part of Perivolas is subtle, but definitely present. We loved everything about it from the incredible view, lounge chairs, simple room furnishings, patios from which to watch the sunset, hurricane lamps around the pool at night, yummy breakfasts, etc... I'd be happy to send pics if interested. We stayed in house # 12 and loved it. It's situated higher up, so more steps to climb, but it's more private with a bigger patio with two chaise lounges and another sitting chair.