Reload this Page >

Santorini Hotels

Search

Santorini Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 01:53 PM
YM

Santorini Hotels

Hi. A friend and I are going to Santorini in July and are looking for hotel recommnedations. We are looking for a hotel that is around Oia or Fira or thereabouts, luxurious, aesthetically pleasing, preferably with a pool, and not too honeymoon-ey. I really liked Sunrocks but I see on the website it's strictly for couples. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:35 PM
sue

Hi,<BR><BR>I have stayed at the Katikies and the Esperas. Both are wonderful. the Katikies is more expensive and a touch more upscale, but the Esperas was more fun. When you at the pool at the Katikies, no one talked and appeared annoyed when someone was having a conversation. At the Esperas people were more friendly and didn't mind if some one was having a conversation. It probably was the luck of the crowd. go to www.dilos.com and see their list of hotels. Have fun.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:55 PM
suzanne

I stayed at Dana Villas in Fira - it was fantastic!! I also went with a friend...both of us are single 30ish ladies. And yes, we did meet some single men there! We were able to walk to great restaurants and discos from the hotel. <BR><BR>Check it out on this website... http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/santorin/fira/dana/home.htm<BR><BR>The best thing about this place were the awesome rooms, built into the side of a cliff, all with incredible views and some outdoor space. The bedroom in our room was very cave-like with actual rocks jutting out into it - wild! The guys we met had a HUGE suite with a restaurant-style kitchen (all rooms have kitchens, btw).<BR><BR>I went in September a few years ago and paid about $110/night. I highly recommend this place. You'll love Santorini!<BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Kelly

I just returned from my honeymoon in Greece. We stayed at Katikies and were very disappointed. (The staff was pretentious and unhelpful, we had cockroaches in our room...I could go on and on, but I will spare you all my gripes). <BR><BR>The entire resort was was filled with honeymooners or older couples. <BR><BR>On thing to note is that Oia is very sleepy. Unlike Fira, everything shuts down early and all of the couples head off for bed. I would recommend that you check out hotels on the other side of the island.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 10:19 AM
JoJo

Volcano Villas, if you don't want to pay the 200 Euros that everyone else is charging in Oia. They have a nice pool, located on the caldera with wonderful views, great service, nice people, HUGE (!) apartments, your own balcony, just a few minutes walk to the tiny town of Oia....I would go back in a heartbeat. We paid 60 Euros in June.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Diane

www.sunrocks.gr

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 11:15 AM
simi

Has anyone stayed at La Perla Villas? If so, what did you like and dislike? Thanks!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:58 PM
simi

Favorite hotel in Santorini?