Santorini Hotels

Search

Santorini Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santorini Hotels

I tried to make a reservation at Katikies but it is already sold out three months in advance. I'm also considering Atlantis, Astra Apts., Homeric Poems, and Sun Rocks...anybody have any opinions on those four since they all seem to be fairly close in price?

Thanks
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 01:57 AM
AllyPally

Hi. I had a reservation at Katikies but cancelled it after exhaustive research on this forum. Unfortunately, I was burned 3 years ago on my honeymoon when we paid top dollar for a 5 star in Crete and it actually resembled a 3 star, at best a 4 star. Therefore, I was reticent to spend the same money again on my upcoming trip to Santorini (albeit I was really tempted by an article in Australian Vogue Travel/Entertaining mag which had THE most gorgeous article on Katikies)

I find the prices at Katikies outrageous. How much more do you want to spend for an infinity pool? I have been to Oia twice and this will be my 3rd visit. I was looking forward to Katikies but felt very uneasy about the prices ($530 a night).

Anyway, I can't help you with any of the hotels listed. I have booked to stay at Esperas and felt quite happy booking a suite, which is still much cheaper than the Katikies room I had booked.

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 03:25 AM

Flem,
If you do a search under Santorini hotels, there's tons of info.
Th Esperas,( mentiones above by Ally)has received much praise.
Best of luck
Fluffy
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 05:37 AM
kebanks

I don't know the others - we stayed at Chelidonia, which was just OK - but Astra looked quite nice. Right on the cliffs overlooking Fira and the Caldera, with a nice little pool. We said at the time we'd probably stay there if we returned.

Old Apr 24th, 2003, 05:42 AM

We stayed at Volcano View Villas, which was "reasonable" and is built on the cliffs of the caldera; a more spectacular view I cannot imagine. It is a short distance from Fira, and the hotel provided a shuttle back and forth during the day.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info -- I've done most of my research from what people have said on this site and then looking at a lot of the hotel's individual sites. It seems like a tough decision but the consensus is that Oia is the probably the best place to be in July when it is particularly crowded because Fira may be a bit noisy and overpopulated.

If anyone else has any suggestions outside of these four I'd certainly like to hear about them.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 09:01 AM

flem- try www.greekhotels.gr
fluffy
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 07:26 AM

My husband and I staying at Honeymoon Petra in Imerovigli. That is also where Astra Apts. is located. Check out their website.

The view from the pool was unbelievable, especially the sunsets. The staff is wonderful, daily breakfast was included and the rates were reasonable.

If my husband had his way, we would be going there again this year. I'm sure you will love Santorini!