COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Fira- Santorini Hotels

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 01:32 PM
david

Fira- Santorini Hotels

I have been checking out the prices of the top end hotels in Fira as I want to be close to the nightlife and restaurants.

I am considering:
Porto Fira
Aigialos
Homeric Poems
Tzekos

Any other good ones that I am missing? I guess if i am paying the top dollars that these properties ask, I am looking for a great pool, nice rooms with a great view.
Everyone talks about the views, so do any hotels in Fira have extra special views?

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 02:29 AM

I've stayed at the Aigialos which has a great view. all views are basically the same - overlooking the sea-filled caldera - but some have buildings or wires just in front of you, the aigialos has a church dome! But I have to say my room was dirty (there were even some newborn kittens in the fireplace which the cleaner had not found!). I heard from a colleague that the best place to stay on the island is the Zannos Melathron in nearby Pyrgos village, it's the highest village on the island with great views over the whole island, and amazing-looking rooms. They booked through
www.i-escape.com/zannosmelathron.php
Hope that helps!
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 11:18 AM

I have heard some negative things about Homeric Poems. (overbooking of rooms)

I too am curious about hotels in Fira and am looking for something upscale and a close walk to town.

Anybody have info on Tzekos? Is this place high end?
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 07:23 PM

does anybody have any scoop on a good high end hotel in the heart of town (Fira). Looking for the best.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:56 AM

Homeric Poems

After many days of reviewing hotels in Santorini, I have settled on a small property that seems to offer what I am looking for (ie. Private veranda or balconies, Caldera view, cliff side pool, close to Fira < 1km, intimate (Just 15 luxury apartments).

I found a great site with 360 Degree Surround Video / pictures and full description of 25 of more in Santorini Alone. It is WWW.GREEKHOTEL.COM

Anyone with Personal experience with Homeric Poems please respond here or e-mail me directly at [email protected]. Thanks.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:50 AM

We went to homeric poems in July 2001 for our honey moon and it was fabulous. I can't imagine a better place to stay in the world. Everything was great - service, accomadations, location view... It was beautiful!
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 11:41 AM

DAvid's original note listed four hotels. I'm late chiming in, but we stayed at Porto Fira and found it charming, but noisy. If you want to be close to the nightlife and restaurants, realize that you won't have any quiet until about 3:00 a.m.
Porto Fira's rooms are carved into the rock, it was very warm, so we left the windows open and a cat wandered in and out; we had breakfast on our own patio with view of the sea. Lots of stairs to climb down to the rooms, but the front desk will give you help with luggage if needed.
Why buy a stair climber machine when you can go to Santorini?
Vera