hotels in Cordoba

Search

hotels in Cordoba

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotels in Cordoba

We are hoping to visit Cordoba during the festival of the patios in May. We would stay in Cordoba overnight. As we will have a car we are anxious to pick a hotel that is perhaps on the edge of the city and which has parking or where it is possible to park on the street outside. Pleasant as possible, not too expensive and quiet are my 3 requirements! Can anyone on this marvellous board help?
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 06:00 PM

Dear Hilary,<BR><BR>I am not sure I can help with a hotel on the edge of Cordoba other than perhaps the Parador. My wife and I were in Cordoba two years ago this month. We stayed at the Hotel Maimonides. The Hotel is right next to the Mezquita. We took the train (Ave) from Madrid to Cordoba and then a cab from the station to the Hotel. I think they have parking places. You can find them on the Internet. Rick Steves mentioned a restaurant (Salinas as I recall) in one of his guidebooks. We took the cab there, had a wonderful meal, the manager or owner did his best to get us a cab to take us back as it was raining. He had no luck but he tried. We visited the Mezquita, and Alcazar (fortress with garden in old town). I loved Spain and Cordoba is good for a one day visit. I suspect you will enjoy it.<BR><BR>John D. Pringle
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 09:29 PM

You might want to check out BANCOTEL.com for hotels. I've never used them, but a number of people in Fodor's have recommended them. <BR><BR>Have a great trip and let us know about it.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 03:59 AM

Try www.solmelia.com.They have a hotels all over Spain. I just took the trip to Spain last October. You can book all hotels in once. Very helpfull and very nice people.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 09:57 AM

Hi Hilary,<BR>Speaking of Sol Meli&aacute; hotels:<BR>The 4 star Mel&iacute;a C&oacute;rdoba's location, right in the middle of the Jardines de la Victoria, would certainly fit your needs, but a double runs for 112 euros, and I remember from your earlier M&aacute;laga question that you're seeking inexp. properties. If that's too high, here's another alternative from the same chain:<BR><BR>I've stayed at the Tryp los Gallos, now a part of the Sol Mel&iacute;a chain, when traveling through Andaluc&iacute;a with a small group. We chose it because we had 7 teenagers in tow and needed a larger but inexpensive property for 1 night with green space, a/c and pool (in late July!), easy street parking for our minivan (to avoid the 12 euro garage fee) and easy negotiating to/from hotel. It's an older hotel from the early seventies (used to belong to the retired matador, El Cordob&eacute;s) and is located off the Paseo de la Victoria, outside the warren of tiny streets of the Juder&iacute;a but within walking distance. It's nothing fancy, zero to write home about but for a 3 star dependable business class hotel with a/c, pool, rooms with balconies, etc. it was comfortable enough for our needs, and a double now goes for 80 euros. You may even find a lower rate through Expedia, Orbitz, etc. The hotels in the modern section tend to be business class, more exp. properties.<BR><BR>If you'll consider staying in the Juder&igrave;a, besides the Maim&oacute;nides (where I've also stayed with a large group). there's the budget, family owned Hotel Omeyas, which is featured in Alastair Sawday's &quot;Special Places to Stay/Spain&quot;. We've used several of his choices, and he rarely steers us far wrong. You can read a brief description at www.sawdays.co.uk and also at www.madridandbeyond.com<BR>It's also a Frommer's favorite.<BR>Doubles go for 64 euros, and there's garge parking available for a fee. <BR><BR>Or there's the new, tiny Hotel Lola<BR>(www.hotelconencantolola.com) which has doubles for about 60 euros and a parking arrangement with the Hotel Conquistador.<BR><BR>Hope this helps a bit.<BR>
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for the replies! Hilary