Santorini Hotel

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Chris

Santorini Hotel

Looking for a nice, romantic hotel in Santorini in July for my honeymoon.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:11 PM
T

If you want to stay on the cliffs in a cave house dwelling look in Oia maybe at Esperas or Perivolas. If you are into the beach try the Veggera it's in Perissia right on the black sand beach. It takes about 10 or 15 minutes by motorbike to get to Fira from Perissia. Both places are great depends on what you are looking for.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Diane

Here's where I stayed:

www.sunrocks.gr

Ask for room #31 -- wonderful.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Kosmas arvanitis

Dear Chris,
If you are looking for a romantic, quiet and not too big hotel for your honeymoon I have a suggestion. Studio Artemis right on the cliff of caldera very romantic with increadible view to the sea and the caldera. visit www.calderasight.gr

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Melanie

I stayed in the Esperas Villas in Oia for my honeymoon and would highly recommend them again. Big rooms (we had a two story) and amazing views. People were very nice as well.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 06:25 AM
chris

Thank you for your replys! Is Estera Studios the same as Espera Villas? We definetly want to stay on the cliffs. What do you think is a better location, Fira or Oia?

Your suggestions are much appreciated!

Chris

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Melanie

I don't think that those are the same. I'm not sure the website, but I know Esperas Villas has a site. I thought Oia was definitely better to stay in. It was more beautiful and quiet. All the tourists on the island come to Oia at sunset anyway to do the view. Fira, in my opionion, was much crazier and touristy. We would just get a taxi to take us out at night to Fira. There is fun nightlife there, but it was also fun to leave it when we wanted to. We drove during the day, but at night we just always taxied. It was pretty cheap. In Oia, there are some really nice restaurants - the Esperas Villas can recommend, but you'll want reservations sometimes because everyone takes l-o-n-g dinners watching the view.

A great travel agent for Greek honeymooners is Carmen at www.adventures4u.net - we went to Athens, Hydra, Myknonos, and Santorini for two weeks.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:07 AM
rena

Try StudioArtemis!!!! It is a very romantic, quite hotel right on the caldera with increadible view, very clean and the owners are very polite and helpful. I have spent there my best holidays. You can visit www.calderasight.gr for more details. You will love it!!!!!!!! I did

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:37 AM
xxxx

Alright, "Rena"/Kosmas, we get u now...

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 12:04 PM
chris

I have booked at Espersa Villas, a Traditional Superior House, as that is all that they had availabe.

We are spending our first week sailing with GPSC charters, has anyone been out with them?

Can not wait!

We will also spend 2 nights in Athens, any reccommendations for a good central, cheap place to stay?