Search

Esperas or Heliotopos for Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Esperas or Heliotopos for Honeymoon

Hello all!!!
My fiance and I will be in Santorini for our honeymoon (following paris)! We are looking at these two hotels as options- any suggestions about these or any others?
Thanks!!
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM

If a swimming pool is required Esperas has one. If easy access to dance clubs and youth-oriented nightlife is required Heliotopos is within walking distance while Oia is 7 miles away.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:31 AM

I know nothing about Heliotopos, but I just stayed at Esperas about a week ago. I absolutely loved it and would highly recommend it! The views were beautiful, and lounging on the pool deck with the sun beating down on me was heaven. There were a couple of honeymooning couples staying there, so I assume it's a popular choice for a honeymoon.

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you may have about Esperas.

Meredith
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
We loved Esperas -- several honeymooners were there as well as people getting engaged or celebrating special occasions. Staff is wonderful.
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all you responses so far! Please keep them coming- Swimming pool is nice but not a must have- We just want a really romantic beautiful hotel in a great area- and we dont mind the splurge because we only get one honeymoon!
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM

If you don't require a swimming pool the I recommend Oia Castle and Aspaki Suites.
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Go for Esperas - the location will take your breath away as you round the corner for the first time. I know that Oia in general is really special but Esperas is wonderful. They also have a secret shortcut down to the path which takes you down to the sea. Such an adventure. I've stayed in 3 different types of rooms and they are all very unique. The ambiance is to die for!!
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 06:18 AM

endless summer-do you recommend it over aspaki? we are booked in the romeo and juliet suite, but have option of traditional house in esperas. this is for a honeymoon.
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 06:47 AM

We've also stayed at Esperas and just love it. We were in a tradional house with a private terrace. The room is not 5 star though. The location and views are 5 star! Be aware that some of the terraces aren't as private as others. In some locations, people must walk right through your terrace to access their rooms. Our's was at the end, so it was private, but I felt uncomfortable walking by other guests on their terrace.

We loved the pool, food, bar and view, staff, but we weren't on our honeymoon! Many of the guests were part of a wedding party while we were there though.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM

My husband and I stayed at Esperas for our 2nd anniversary. We absolutely loved it. We stayed in a traditional house but wished we had booked the traditional superior house. We shared a terrace with the room next to us and our outside sitting area was pretty tight. We spent a lot of time at the pool... We went on a lot of day excursions but we always wanted to be back to lounge and read by the pool in the afternoon - so peaceful. I highly recommend staying here. My husband and i made a promise that for our 10th we'll be back. The staff were amazing - very helpful! They gave us great recommendations for dinning. Have a wonderful time!
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM

We just stayed at Esperas for our honeymoon two weeks ago. We had 113 which was a Traditional Superior House and it was just fantastic. The money we saved by eating in made the splurge worth it. Plus Yvonne gave us a 10% discount for paying in cash (which was better for us anyways).

Just tell Yvonne you're on your honeymoon and that you want a VERY PRIVATE balcony and she will accomodate. I personally think the pool is a must if you are going during the summer - I think we would have been disappointed if we would not have had the pool.