Paris Visite Tickets for Zone 5

May 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Paris Visite Tickets for Zone 5

I will be in a hotel in Zone 5 for a week. Had no choice on the hotel, first week DH is working, but I will be sightseeing.

In Fodor's Paris book it says this ticket is 45.70 Euros for 5 days and quotes it as an "expensive option" for the Metro, RER, bus, and Transilien services which it includes. Since I am stuck in zone 5 and will be going to Paris everyday seeing a lot of different things and figure that I will be entering and exiting the Metro and RER several times a day this didn't seem that unreasonable unless any of you see a better transportation option.
May 20th, 2007, 07:20 AM

A much better value would be a Carte Orange at 31,50€ for seven days - but they are always valid Monday through Sunday. If your dates overlap a weekend, we can probably still figure out something that's more economical than Paris Visite.

1. What days do you arrive and depart?
2. Are you under 26?
May 20th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Robespierre, I am arriving on Sunday June 17th and leaving the Zone 5 hotel on Sunday, June 24th then will be in central Paris until Friday, June 29th.

I haven't been under 26 in a very long time. I am 50, but very and plan a walking a ton. Am going to try to group things I want to do into areas.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
May 20th, 2007, 11:29 AM

What you do the first day depends on where you will arrive and where your hotel is.

For the 18th through 24th, a 5-zone Carte Orange is your best value. It will get you back and forth to the city and all around.

For the 25th through 29th, a 2-zone is all you will need - but if you will take fewer than 15 rides in those 5 days, single tickets or a Mobilis pass will be cheaper.
May 21st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Robespierre -

Thank you!
May 21st, 2007, 11:39 AM

I agree also - I just bought a zone 5 Carte Orange (again) for my last trip a couple of weeks ago. Bring a small passport type photo with you.