Moulin Rouge Tickets

Search

Moulin Rouge Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moulin Rouge Tickets

I apologize if this has been dicussed somewhere already but I couldn't find anything about it...

Is it necessary to buy tickets for Moulin Rouge ahead of time? Last time I was in Paris I saw Crazy Horse on the spur of the moment, and was able to buy the tickets when I was actually IN Paris. What I'm wondering is if I can wait and buy Moulin Rouge tickets when I'm in Paris, or is it likely to be fully booked by then? (I am going in June).

The reason for me not buying tickets now is that we are still debating whether we want to go. I'd like to be able to leave the option open until we're in Paris, and then see how much time we actually have to do something like that.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 01:44 PM
ira

Hi E,

>I'd like to be able to leave the option open until we're in Paris, and then see how much time we actually have to do something like that. <

An excellent idea.

Count to 10 and the feeling will pass.

Old Apr 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Ok to rephrase my original post: Does Moulin Rouge generally sell out far in advance in early June? Or should we be safe buying a day or two in advance, if we decide to go? (The issue is not whether we should go!)
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM

I would buy them ahead of time so I could plan around the event at that time of year.
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM

www.moulin-rouge.fr
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Gosh ira - it takes me longer than 10 to get "that" feeling to pass

Erin we were considering one of these cabaret shows - care to share your impressions of Crazy Horse?
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone that responded. I know all about the website and generally I would agree that it is best to buy the tickets beforehand. What I wanted to know though, is: Is the show likely to sell out if I wait until I'm in Paris to buy the tickets? My dad is already complaining that I'm trying to schedule too much into one trip so I don't necessarily want to buy the tickets and make it so we HAVE to go. BUT I would like to have the option to go if we have time. If its likely to be sold out though, then maybe it would be best to just bite the bullet and buy the tickets ahead of time...

Robjame - My thoughts on Crazy Horse...well, it depends on your tolerance for nudity and who you are going with. Before we went I was expecting it to resemble what you might see in a strip club and I was expecting to see a lot of sketchy people in the audience. As it turned out though, there were a lot of older couples there (at 22, we were definitly the youngest people there!). The nudity is done very tastefully - a lot of the time through the effect of lights you can't even see anything. It is basically a racy song/dance/lights show. I enjoyed it - it was an entertaining way to spend an evening, though I'm not sure it was worth it....hope that helps some!
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM
ira

Hi E,

>My dad is already complaining that I'm trying to schedule too much into one trip ...

Perhaps you are.

Your hotel should be able to get you tickets 1-2 days in advance.

Old Apr 20th, 2007, 07:05 PM

My in-laws got tickets through their hotel a few days in advance, no problem. However, they were charged a "deposit" by the hotel, to pay the remainder at the Moulin Rouge, where of course it was demanded that they pay the entire amount. They refused to pay the whole amount and paid only the remainder...and enjoyed the show immensely. Be sure you have a receipt if you pay anything up front at a hotel.
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM

I am wondering the same thing as Erin, but where I would consider June somewhat prime time in Paris, we will be there in Nov. Can I get recommendations on if we should buy tickets in advance for Nov? We will be there for 6 evenings, so we will have a litle bit of give in the schedule.

If you buy the tickets sooner would you get better seating?
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM

Seats cannot be reserved at Moulin Rouge and are allocated on entry. They fill it up from the front to the rear so it does pay to get there early and line up maybe 1 hour before showtime, if you want to get the best seats.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:24 AM

I can add that they enforce their dress code (no shorts...not that you would wear them).

The time we attended the place was full.

I would disregard the advice to wait for one or two days prior to get tickets.