Search

Paris Triple for Family???

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Triple for Family???

Hello!

My family and I will be in Paris this July. I have been looking for a nice cheap (under 135 EUROS) hotel for the past few weeks, but it seems the more I look the more confused I become.

I have been pouring over trip advisor, but there seem to be so many negative and positiove comments for every hotel in our price range.

Doe anyone have any suggestions? We are looking for a triple that is in walking distance to the tourist sites (we will only be there for three days, so I think it would be easier to be close) but also something close to a park or some sort of green space for the little one.

Any advice would be helpful!!
Old May 5th, 2005, 06:52 AM
epi

You might want to try an apartment. For 135 euros, you probably would have to go with a studio, but that is still better than a hotel room. The one bedroom apartment we rent is $1200/week which is only slightly above your maximum. Many apartments will rent for less than a week, although July is a busy time. I suggest you do a search on here for apartments in paris and check it out. The apartment we like is at bienvenueaparis.com, but we have also rented through franceforrent.com. Many other sites have been discussed here. Give it a try!
Old May 5th, 2005, 07:54 AM

By the way - there really isn't any place that is "in walking distance to the tourist sites" unless you have a lot of time and stamina. If you're situated close to some of them, others will be a hard march distant.

Fortunately, Paris has an excellent Métro for cross-town trips, and ubiquitous bus network for shorter hops. Try the DiY bus tour to get from sight to site:

<b>http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34568214
</b>
Old May 5th, 2005, 07:58 AM
ira

Hi new,

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th.

A triple might be a bit more than your 135E, but it is conveniently located, very close to metro and bus stops and about 3 blocks to the Luxembourg gardens.

Hotel Bonaparte
Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67

For more info, enter &quot;Hotel Bonaparte&quot; in the &quot;search this forum&quot; box.

Photos are at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&amp;y=-l95uyr

Old May 5th, 2005, 08:07 AM
pat

Check out the Hotel du College. My friends just got back from there yesterday, and really liked it. There were 3 of them and it`s within your budget and in a great location.
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:11 AM

Try the Hotel du Lys (www.hoteldulys.com); it's a charming little 2 star in a wonderful location, less than 5 min. walking to both St. Michel and Odeon metro stations. It's less than 135 euro, and breakfast is included.

Ask for the triple on the ground floor (what we call the first floor, and what they call the rez de chaussee)
Old May 5th, 2005, 09:16 AM

I think the Lys and Bonaparte are good suggestions for you, and I think the Bonaparte even has AC which may be nice in July. Are you expecting AC, because that makes it a lot more difficult to find at that rate in the central area.

I know of a couple in the 7th near the Eiffel Tower and CHamp de Mars park, would be be good for you--they are both only around 100-110 euro for a triple in July:
Hotel de France Invalides www.hoteldefrance.com
Hotel de Turenne
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007turenne.htm

Those are 2*, and the Hotel de Turenne has AC. StCirq who posts on here a lot has stayed in the Hotel de France several times, so I'm sure it is fine.

I think you are always going to have positive and negative comments for virtually any hotel, though -- in any price range, but definitely in the budget one, so you can't expect perfection, probably.

You also can't be within walking distance to all the tourist sites, it's not possible, although these are all central locations mentions.

Also check out Hotel de Monge which should be in your range and has AC (in the Latin Qtr).
Old May 5th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

I am contacting the hotels you guys have mentioned so far to see if they have any availability for the time that we will be in Paris. As for AC, I suppose it would be nice to have, but is not a neccesity.

Thanks again and please keep the suggestions coming.
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:07 PM

We will be staying in a triple at the Hotel Valadon (2-star) for 135 euro/night next month. Breakfast included.
http://www.hotelvaladon.com/
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:43 PM

You could also try the Minerve.
Old May 5th, 2005, 03:18 PM
ira

Hi new,

&gt;As for AC, I suppose it would be nice to have, but is not a neccesity.&lt;

Would you be happy in a room where the temp was about 85F at night?