Paris Restaurants on Champs Elysees

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm staying at the Marriott on the Champs Elysees for 1 week starting Oct 11. Any recommendations for nearby restaurants? I'd like to spend <$35 per person for dinner (wine not included).

Thanks!
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:36 AM

There are a bunch of cafes on the Champs Elysees for casuale meals - omelets, sandwiches, salads etc - but mostly drinks and people watching. We had lunch in several on various trtips and the food was fine- not great - but OK. Not sure of any real restaurants in the area with that type of budget.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 09:45 AM

I think with the exchange rate right now, that is only about 28 euro. There might be some of the cheaper casual restaurants on the Champs-Elysees that have some prix fixe menu for that, but I don't know any by name. It probably won't be anything much for that price around there, but I'd just look around the hotel and check the menu boards out in front of various cafes to see what you can find. That isn't the best location for finding cheap good restaurants within a short distance of the hotel. YOu could do that by venturing a little farther, though.

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 12:53 PM

Because the Champs Elysees attracts loads of tourists, you wont cheap food. I would suggest the "Eat Streets" of Paris, there are quite few in Paris, they mainly off the main roads, little roads with cheese shops, butchers, cafes, confectionary, etc, We found these little eat streets, to be more atmospheric & fun, rather than eating in a busy part of Paris.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 12:54 PM

Between the Four Seasons and the Plaza Athenee, just off the Champs Elysees, try either Relais Entrecote for steak and frite, or Chez Andre or Sebillion for neighborhood fare with mostly locals, we go every trip to Paris, great casual places with lot's of french vibe.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 01:11 PM

Head over to L'Ardoise, in the 1st--just off the rue de Rivoli on rue Mont-Thabor. Be sure to reserve in advance--it's a popular spot with good food at moderate prices.
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Okay ... maybe I need to adjust my per diem up a bit. How about for $40-$50 per person? ;-)
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 10:40 PM

There are many restaurants in your price range in the 16th, up near the Arc de Triomphe. In the 8th, just CE, there's a Lo Sushi, probably the only "kaiten" sushi bar in Paris. Over on the Avenue Montaigne, we really enjoy Bar des Theatres, a friendly little bistro/cafe serving very good French staples. Popular with the staff at the designer shops in the neighborhood (Gucci, Prada, etc.). Bar des Theatres is easily within your budget. The customers and staff seem to know each other pretty well and there's lot of joking and chatter flying around.
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 07:34 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Chez Clement. There is one with both indoor and outdoor seating on the Champs Elysees across the street from the Marriott (and I believe a little towards the Arch).
Although this is a chain, it is a very good one. They have wonderful roast chicken and grilled meats -- great deals on oysters, and super desserts. It is well within your price range. The interiors are very colorful and fun in Country French style, and they seem to have a very good training policy for servers who always seem so very friendly and helpful.
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 01:27 PM

i'll second chez clement, try the rump steak with pepper sauce and double butter mashed potatoes, excellent!
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 01:38 PM

There are lots of places in Paris to eat for <$35 per person (not fancy restaurants, but still good tasting food).

Why increase your budget to be able to eat near the hotel? Won't you be out and about in various parts of the city seeing the sights and enjoying Paris anyway?
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 02:13 PM

I second the suggestion that you go to L'Ardoise. The food is quite good and meets your budget requirements.
You might also try coffee and dessert at Laduree on the nearby Rue Rivoli some afternoon.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 08:49 AM
ira

Hi Casey,

Don't raise your budget, get away from the Champs for dining.

Sit at a cafe and people watch on the Champs.