Eating Vegetarian in Paris

Sep 17th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Eating Vegetarian in Paris

Would anyone be able to suggest good vegetarian places to eat in Paris and Nice? Thanks again
Sep 17th, 2007, 01:31 PM

How strict is your diet? Do you include eggs, cheese, and dairy?
Sep 17th, 2007, 01:37 PM

Although vegetarian restaurants do exist in Paris, it's not at all necessary to seek them out to eat vegetarian. You will almost everywhere have the option of meatless salads and sandwiches and soups and pastas. If you eat dairy products, your options are pretty much unlimited. Plus, Paris abounds with ethnic restaurants where there are even wider choices.

It's not going to be an issue.
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for asking ... my daughter is actually vegan. That is always hard to find. I figured if we could find vegetarian and remove the milk products we would do alright!!
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Take a look at www.happycow.net/ for ideas.

I always enjoy eating at the falafel places on the Rue des Rosier in Paris. Lots of vegan options there.
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:34 PM

i'm a vegan and didn't have too much trouble eating in paris. my favorite was a place called piccolo teatro in the marais district. i had a really great tofu dish there. here's a link to the site where i found out about it...they have a lot of other suggestions as well.

http://nwfolk.com/vegparis.html
Sep 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM

Definitely a small restaurant called, "Guenmai" and no I'm not affiliated with it. I just took the name since I've been eating there for so long. I've watched the owner, Sophie's, kids grow up from birth to their 20s. The food is great. It's open for lunch and then take out the rest of the day. It's in the 6th. Walk out rue Buci between Blvd. St. Germain and rue de Seine and you'll see one street between the two streets. Turn on that street...it only goes in one direction and at the end of the block you'll see a green and white building which is the restaurant. It's VERY easy to find. The owner and her family live upstairs above it. Try the seitan brochette and all of the fruit tarts. Seitan brochette is only made one day a week and I can't remember which one, but it's, I think either Tues or Wednesday. It's veggie, macrobiotic, and vegetarian. All of the food is delicious. Happy Travels!
Sep 17th, 2007, 08:33 PM

That's why I asked. Vegan makes it a bit more challenging because you lose things like the street-corner crepes, omelettes in restaurants, etc.
Sep 18th, 2007, 12:22 AM

I'm vegetarian and ate OK in Paris.

My favourite was a Moroccan restaurant called Chez Omar. (recommended by Time Out)

It's a little out of the way but worth the effort of finding it!

Oct 11th, 2007, 04:57 PM

Guenmai restaurant is also vegan. Happy Travels!