Paris Restaurant in the 17th

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be in Paris for 6 days next week--part business, part pleasure and am looking for at least one restaurant near our hotel. I am NOT looking for a super expensive, michelin-starred place like Guy Savoy....instead, a quaint bistro with good food.

We're staying at Le Meridien Etoile (81 Boulevard Gouvion Saint-Cyr) in the 17th.

I did some searching here, but didn't come up with much.
Can anyone help?
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:17 AM

I don't know of any restaurants in the 17th but I found a great website yesterday..it list practically all cafes , bistrots, etc by district. it also lists the prices of the menus and provides links to the places that have websites.

http://specials.parishotels.com/pari...ex.php?lang=en
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 03:23 AM

And another website suggestion, www.jack-travel.com lists affrodable rest/bistro recos by arr.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:12 AM

Bistrot du 17eme, while part of a small chain, offers good food at good value in a convivial, neighborhood atmosphere. Being the 17eme, the neighborhood atmosphere is more bourgeois than picturesque, but the crowd is mostly French.

It's near Place Periere. I'll have to do a little research to find the exact address. May be rue de Courcelles?

BTW, it is one of the most efficient restaurants I've experienced. They have a little assembly line going for kirs and kirs royales, so that one appears in front of you just moments after you are seated.

The servers--all very thin--whip between the closely-set tables with amazing speed and agility.

All in all, a very pleasant experience at a good price.

Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:18 AM

One of the great value places in Paris, L'Entredgeu, is in the 17th out near Porte Champerret. The chef was formerly with the very popular chez Michel.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

thanks a lot to everyone for your replies so far.
Two great websites and two specific restaurants to further research....
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:47 PM

Checking Sandra Gustafson's "Great Eats-Paris" shows several places very close to your hotel: Le Petit Salé, 99 avenue des Ternes, described as a hole-in-the-wall with heaping plates and busy clientele, Chez Fred, 190 bis, blvd. Périere with bistro-style cooking and a 1930s decor, and L'Entrecôte, 271 blvd.Périere. This last has a second place in St-Germain, which I've enjoyed. There's no menu; they serve a prix fixe of green salad and steak frites with a delicious sauce.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:58 PM
Original Poster

After further investigation,

I've decided that the 17th-district restaurant of choice will be.....

L'Entrecôte (I've learned the official name is Le Relais de Venise and it is located at 271, bd Péreire(Porte Maillot).

Every review I find is fabulous and given our fettish for red meat, it's the only natural choice

here's one of the good reviews I find.
http://travel.roughguides.com/planni...p;EntryID=2108

The only downside I see is that this place does not take reservations and you have to line up outside a bit early to be assured a seat.

The other two non-business dinner nights will take us to:

CHEZ ANDRE
12 Rue Marbeuf, Paris (near George V)
(0)1 47.20.59.5

(colleagues from the US rave about this 'simple' bistro)

Le Florimond
19 av. de la Motte-Picquet - in the 7th
Tel/fax: 01 45 55 40 38

(highly regarded on this forum).

I now can only hope the hotel is nice. I didn't pick it, as this is where our conference takes place, but nobody here seems to like it....
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:28 PM

Ah, it took me so long to find the Bistrot du 17eme address that you've found another restaurant. So sorry.

Anyway, it's 108 av de Villiers, metro: Periere. Just in case you change your mind.