Paris out of the inner Arrondissments?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are starting to look for an apartment for 2 for a trip to Paris next March. We have always stayed in the inner Arrondissments-1, 5 or 6. This time we want to try something different and are looking for either suggestions for areas to look for apartments or apartments in outer Arrondissments. TIA.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:26 AM

You don't need to post 6 times in the hope of getting a response; plenty of people here are more than willing to assist.

I'd personally recommend the 15th (anywhere really) or 17th (line 3 area only).

Both are nice residential areas which give you a better idea of the real Paris as it is for people who live and work there. In the 15th, you have connections to metro lines 6, 12 and 8 mainly, all of which lead to major tourist attractions. On line 8 in the 15th, I'd recommend looking at the areas around the Commerce and Boucicaut metro stops. On line 6, try around the Pasteur and La Motte Picque-Grenelle metro stops. On line 12, try around Convention, Vaugirard, Volontaires, and Falguière. I mention these because they are well-located for shops, bars, restaurants and other amenities.

In the 17th, as mentioned, I'd stay around the line 3 area (the areas around Clichy etc are IMO best avoided). So look around metro stops Pereire, Porte de Champerret, Wagram, Malesherbes and Villiers. Again, I mention these due to proximity to desirable amenities.

Hope this helps a bit
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM

Friends of ours stayed between Bastille and the place d'Aligre (métro Ledru-Rollin). It was fine, although not for those who are not limber. The sleeping area was a loft where one could not stand up straight. They liked the host who also had an apartment near Montmartre; he gave them a small tour of Montmartre while going there to meet some other renters.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM

<<You don't need to post 6 times in the hope of getting a response; plenty of people here are more than willing to assist.>>

It's not the OP's fault. Fodor's is messed up today and doesn't show that posts have actually been posted.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Sorry for the multiple posts. Fodor's wasn't showing any as having been loaded on the board.

Thanks for specific areas to look at.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM

Definitely something going on today with Fodors!

Your post must have made kerouac's day! I am sure he will have some info for you!