Paris hotels booked.

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris hotels booked.

Sister and brother in law are trying to find hotel in the $100 range for end of May in the 7th arrondisment in Paris. They have received booked up notices from Champ de Mars, Le muguet, Valadon, and grand eveque. Any ideas I can give them . TIA
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:24 PM

Hotel de la Motte-Picquet was recently updated, with a change in management. It has been mentioned favorably here, and perhaps also www.paris.org.
You can see a profile on http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h7...tepicquet.htm; book by calling or faxing the hotel. (it's across the street from Muguet).
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:27 PM

The Hôtel de France, 102 blvd. de la Tour Maubourg, the Duquesne-Eiffel, 23 avenue Duquesne, are both very nice and in the same neighborhood.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:34 PM

A good booking site which allows you to search for availability by date, arrondissement, and rate is www.ParisHotels.com

They can still contact the hotel directly if they prefer (I do!), but at least they'd know which places had rooms free on their dates.

They might also consider the 5th arr., which has many nice budget hotels, and is a good central location.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:43 PM

If you are willing to stay in the fifth, try Hotel Le Home Latin, it is a two star, a double with private shower/bath should be less than 100 dollars, decent rooms however not spacious, a typical left bank 2 star, but a large enough hotel that they are more likely to have rooms available, I stayed there for two weeks in 2001 and the location on rue Sommerard is super. Deborah
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:49 PM

It seems most 'known' hotels in the 7th are rising above the $100/dbl rate, including the one I mentioned above.
This hotel (Hotel Prince 'tour Eiffel') doesn't seem to have any feedback here, but the website looks nice and the price is right. Located on ave. Bosquet.
http://www.hotel-paris-prince.com/
Maybe someone can offer some opinions about it.
I stayed at Hotel de Turenne in 2001, and our room was fine, but others think the hotel is in need of renovating.
St Cirq (above) always mentions Hotel France ('Invalides'); not a lot on the web about it, but at least someone here knows it well.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:56 PM

The "New Hotel" (yes that's the name) is right across from North Station. It is clean, cheap, and includes breakfast. The owners are very attentive. They called us one morning because we missed breakfast and kept open the breakfast area to allow us to eat. We booked it during the summer on the same day we arrived (i.e., without advanced reservations).
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:00 PM

I've got a few suggestions that are not expensive, probably your range, but you'll have to check exact prices:

Hotel Saint Dominique (near Latour Maubourg metro)
Hotel l'Empereur
(both of above on www.france-hotel-guide.com)

Hotel Beaugency www.hotel-beaugency.com