Need Suggestions for Lisbon Lodging

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is our first trip to Lisbon. We have three nights there. The Carlton Palace was recommended, but have also found the web site of the Pousado de Dona Maria to be intriging. Would love some recommendations. We'll have our 14-year old son with us. Luckily he's a great traveler. Many thanks.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:06 AM

Madame Snyder, it is best to stay in the Baixa area of Lisboa in order to be in the closest proximity to the sites. I don't know these hotels, but I would recommend to you to find out their location first before you book. You want to stay as close to Baixa as possible or be near the Metro. It will just be so much easier for you, believe me.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:16 AM

We stayed in the Metropole right on Rossio square and right smack in the middle of everything. Rooms were fine, nothing especially cute but balconies opening onto the square with views up to the castle, very pretty at night. Nice bar/sitting room and very acceptable breakfast. We would definitely opt to stay there again. Rates about $125 US for a double.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 05:09 AM

I also recommend the Hotel Metropole. Have stayed there three times since 1997. Great location, good sized roms, large bathrooms, very good breakfast, good front desk help, great view from a front room (not noisy). The furnishings are perhaps a little tired, not bad though, but the price and all the other pluses more than make up for that. Enjoy!
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:25 PM

I stayed at the Metropole in December it was quite nice, I think I paid $100 per nite. I also stayed at the Avenida Palace also in Rossio square. Very Very nice. It really was a palace in the 1800's. Breakfast was great, and served in a pretty spectacular room. I paid around $125 per nite (maybe 150), for a room looking towards the castle and the square. The windows were double paned so no noise came through.