Paris hotel question

Sep 14th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Paris hotel question

Expedia has a deal for 836.74 per person for April that I am considering. It includes roundtrip airfare (Br. Airways) from Boston to Paris and 6 nights at the Companile Paris Tour Eiffel. I figured that was a good deal, considering it is school vacation week for a lot of areas. The hotel is a 2 star affair, and it looks decent enough. We don't need anything fancy. Has anyone stayed here or know anything about it? It says that the Tour Eiffel is about a 10 minute walk. It is in the Montparnasse area, and it looks like the 16e arr. on the map.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Natalie
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:49 AM

Hi Natalie,

I looked on Orbitz and round trip airfare was $522 for a Tues to Tues in April. So $300 more for 2 is $600 left over for hotels. For $100 a night in Paris you should be able to do a bit better for a two star hotel. Meaning a better location for the hotel. I stayed at a two star last May for about $90 a night. It was in the 9th in the Passage Jouffray.

When I'm looking for a deal, I want a DEAL, I mean serious savings or a location that can't be beat. Personally I think you can do better than this.
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I will def. take your advice in keep looking.

We are limited by the days we can travel. We are teachers and must travel Friday to Friday because that is school vacation time. Then, we can have the weekend to recover from the jet lag before we go back to school on Monday. Is a Friday to Friday trip more expensive than a Tues to Tues in general?

The flight alone would be 589.35 per person roundtrip, so adding a little less than $300 would include the hotel. Maybe I will check out Orbitz.

I really would like to fly Br. Airways b/c of their safety record (I am a very nervous flier) and becuase people who have flown with them have great things to say about their crews. I need a great crew to ease my anxiety!

Thanks for the info!
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:11 AM

It isn't in Montparnasse and isn't in the 16th, either (which are two diff. areas). It's at 30 rue St Charles which is in the 15th arr. about a block or so below bd de Grenelle. It does look like a nice-enough 2 star hotel from what I saw.

However, that is no bargain, that price is just about regular rate. I suspect the Campanile might even go for less than $100 per night, possibly. That is normal to high for a 2* hotel in that area. Of course, if airfare is more than $522 (which I would think very possible), it's better but still not a major bargain. It does look nice for that level.
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:23 AM

You're right Natalie, usually the weekend travel is higher cost than Tues., Wed. & Thurs. Can't wait 'til I'm retired and can take advantage of that!