Paris Hotel Decision Help Pls!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Sandy

Paris Hotel Decision Help Pls!

I managed to snare one of those FABULOUS fares from Chicago to Paris ($235, $300 with taxes!) and now am going for a week at the end of this month. I belive I truly have champagne taste and a beer budget tho! I would like a nice hotel but would like to keep the price at about $100/night or less. Here are the hotels (and the rates) that I'm considering - a)Left Bank Hotel (Best Western) - average of $107 night including breakfast b) Le Regent - average of $100 night including breakfast c)Claude Bernard for average of $70/night including breakfast.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:55 PM
xxx

My first choice would be Le Regent and then Left Bank St. Germain. I don't like Claude Bernard, not as charming as the first tow and on a busy (noisy) street.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:55 PM
xxx

s/b "two" instead of "tow".

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:22 AM
elizabeth

I stayed at Le Regent for 6 nights in November and would highly recommend it - great location and excellent staff.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Sandy

Can anyone address the size of the standard rooms in both the Left Bank and Le Regent?? (I REALLY don't want to spend the extra for a larger room...)
Thanks!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:11 AM
maryjane

I can't address the Left Bank but the rooms at Le Regent are small and typical of 3* Paris hotels. Le Regent is a very nice hotel for the price.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Linda Cleveland

The Elysees Union a 3-star in the 16th and around $100 price is very nice for the money. Best of all, the 16th, which is overlooked by tourists, is in a very convenient area (walking distance to Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower) and is upscale apartments and shops, quieter than some other areas. I have been to Paris many times and have stayed in several hotels, but always try to pick one in the 16th. The Victor Hugo is also good, but normal price is around $130. Get a metro pass while there--that's the best way to get around.