Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Millesime Hotel, Hotel Left Bank St. Germain, or Hotel Le Regent (Paris)

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 09:19 PM
Denise

I got quotes from all three of these hotels which are located in the St. Germain des Pres area. Generally the rates are similar for them all. Which hotel has the best superior double room?

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 11:12 PM
mw

ttt please !

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:31 AM
belinda

I stayed in a superior double at the Millesime in early June. I was very happy with the hotel as a whole. Room furnishings were not extravagant but adequate. The room was big, furnished with large bed and bedside tables, small table with two chairs, desk and chair, mini bar, tv, large closet and room safe. Bathroom was very nice and very big. Hotel has small elevator, breakfast room downstairs, small but lovely courtyard. There is a laptop computer in the lobby that you can rent for internet access. Hotel location was perfect. There is a small cafe down the street that had great coffee and pastries. I thought the hotel's breakfast was overpriced. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:19 AM
Denise

Just one reply so far? Thanks Belinda! <BR><BR>I have done a &quot;search&quot; already but would really like more feedback specifically on the superior double rooms just to compare each. What about at Hotel Left Bank St. Germain and Hotel Le Regent? <BR><BR>If all of their rooms are similar then I'll just randomly choose one, but appreciate more comments.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:53 AM
Patrick

It is always hard to make comparisons of hotels because you will rarely find anyone who is stayed in two or more of them to compare. <BR>If you mean the Hotel Left Bank (which is a Best Western affiliate) on Rue de Ancienne Comedie (sorry, I probably spelled that wrong), then I have stayed at two of your hotels -- that one and Le Regent. In fact I think I've stayed a total of about 15 nights at Hotel Left Bank, and about the same at Le Regent, staying at both on two separate occassions.<BR><BR>I'd prefer the superior room at Le Regent to the superior room at Hotel Left Bank. The rooms at Left Bank, while nicely decorated with some exposed beams and toile upholstered walls, are very dark and do not have individually controlled air conditioning. We nearly froze. The size of both are similar although the superior we had at Left Bank included a sort of built in extra day bed, which gave us a nice place to put luggage -- there really wasn't much closet or other storage space -- no drawers at all that I recall. That left us no where else to sit except for a small desk chair. I find the rooms at Le Regent, although not huge by any standard to be better fitted and comfortable, and certainly lighter and brighter. The baths at both hotels were similar, both pretty nice with good vanity space as well as shower/tub that had some sort of bathroom flooding prevention.<BR><BR>I also always found the staff at Le Regent to be nicer, friendlier, and more helpful. Breakfast looked similar at both -- overpriced. I never did breakfast at either. There are too many nice little bakeries or cafes in the immediate neighborhood to sit in a dark, enclosed hotel breakfast room. Since these two hotels are only about a half-block apart, the location is a toss up between them.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:39 AM
Denise

Patrick, thanks for the informative comments. Sounds like Le Regent is much more comfortable than Hotel Left Bank. I know where the Hotel Left Bank is located so if Le Regent is nearby then that's great. I think I'll go with Le Regent.