Paris Hotel - Comparison Help

Mar 22nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Paris Hotel - Comparison Help

Hello! I'm trying to book my Paris hotel and I have basically brought the list down to these six. Has anyone stayed at these hotels? Online they are all pretty similar in price, all have availability and good reviews on TripAdvisor... I guess it will come down to service and cleanliness. But I would love to get opinions from the Fodorites before I plunk down my hard earned cash.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hotel Monge
Hotel Residence La Concorde
Timhotel Le Louvre
Hotel Louvre Sainte Anne
Hotel Louvre Marsollier Louvre
Hotel Paris Tilsitt Etoile
Mar 22nd, 2007, 09:45 AM

What district are these hotels in and what street? That would be helpful. I assume the Hotel Monge is in the 5th...I'm guessing on some of the others. Hotel location is important. Happy Travels!
Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:26 PM

I think wehearttravel is looking for opinions on the hotels themself, not location, from people who actually know them, as the issue is service and cleanliness. If you had stayed there, you would probably know where they were from the name, I guess. They are all acceptable locations, of course, I think that's why they made the cut. Anyway, I am afraid I cannot help as I haven't been in one.
Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:53 PM

Hotel Monge - We have stayed at this hotel three times. It is ultra clean, Julie(speaks English) is great, location is super, has AC.The price is right - close to sights, Mouffetard. An excavated Roman arena behind the hotel is perfect for picnics.Fridge in the room.
The bathrooms are small, the rooms aren't large, it is not a luxury hotel with amenities such as gym, meeting rooms, etc. It is supposed to have WiFi by now.
I wouldn't buy the hotel breakfast there -just go down the street to Petit Cardinal or Cafe Arenes. Julie will give you good restaurant recommendations - or read my reviews.
Mar 22nd, 2007, 02:33 PM

I stayed on Monge in Sept 06. Agree with Robjame. Our room seemed a little bigger than some because we had a little "nook" with a small couch and light so it was nice for reading. Otherwise, very typical room size. The bakery down the street was great and there was a small grocery store about 2 blocks away. Everyone at the desk was helpful and nice - especially Julie; and I thought it was very clean.

Don't know about any of the others.
Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:09 PM

I sent a friend to Hotel Monge per advise on this forum. She liked it very much. Her only negative comment was that the nearest Metro stop was not one that had good thru-routes, rather she had to make one transfer to get most places she was interested in.