Paris hotel - 5th, 6th arris.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am taking a trip to Paris in October and thinking about the 5th or 6th arron. Looking for a well priced hotel (120-150 Euro) that is centrally located, clean, safe, comfortable/cozy. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:22 PM

Hi
This is a very frequent question here, so let me make a couple of suggestions.
AT the top of this screen, click on Hotels, you will get to fodors's Paris listings along with many comments from past guests of the hotels.

Among the many popular hotels on this message board (and you can search here for <Paris hotel> to get tons of recommendations are
the Bonaparte, Grand Hotel des Balcons, St-Jacques,Delhy's, Degres de Notre Dame,Familia, Residence Monge, etc etc
They vary in price and in amenities, so you should gather info on those that interest you.
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:27 PM

We like the Hotel des Saints-Peres in the 6th. I believe a single or small double is about E150. I think the rooms at Le Regent, also in the 6th run about E150 for a small double. Both are very nice hotels, very well located, charming clean and welcoming.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 02:44 AM

Wanda:

Take a look at Hotel de Notre Dame. It's about 150 euros for a double. Clean, well appointed rooms were small, but no smaller than other hotels. Bath was large and modern.
http://www.hotel-paris-notredame.com/index.html

We stayed there in October, '02---loved the hotel and especially(!) the location. It's on a tiny, ancient street, about 100 yards from the Seine, Notre Dame and Ile St. Louis.

Here's a picture taken from the hotel's front door looking toward the river (where the trees and street lamps are). This is a rental site for an apartment apparently next door to the hotel. Click on top left picture to see what one sees upon exiting the hotel.
http://www.psrparis.com/loadapt.cgi?802&us
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 03:39 AM
ira

Hi wanda,

You can also find many recommendations by entering "paris AND hotel" in the 'search this forum' box.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 04:21 AM

Hi wanda!!!

The choice of the 5th or 6 th arron. is quite good....cause it's quite close to a lot of important things to see in Paris..I can recommend you the three star Hotel Cardinal Rive Gauche...which is quite and comfortable and with prices really good for a three star hotel in Paris...
It is quite Notre Dame, one of most beautiful church I saw. I hope this advice can help you. I give you the website if you want to book a room, www.hotelcardinal.com.
Have a beautiful trip in Paris...
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 05:55 AM

Try Le Sainte-Beuve in the 6th. My wife and I have stayed there and find it very nice. Near Metro and nice neighborhood with shops and restaurants. Desk is very accommodating. Small, boutique hotel of only 30 rooms. It has web site. Check it out. You won't regret staying there.