Hotels in Saint Germain, Paris, District

Aug 4th, 2003, 06:20 PM
stjohnbound

Hotels in Saint Germain, Paris, District

This will be our second trip to Paris and we can't wait! Stayed at Familia in the Latin Quarter last time. Loved the district and the hotel but would like a bigger room this time. Also, will be taking mom along so we need either a two room suite or adjoining rooms. Thinking about Saint Germain district this time. Anyone know of a nice hotel there? Price can be up to $250 per day.

Aug 5th, 2003, 03:35 AM

I responded to your other thread, as well. We were recently very pleased with Hotel Monge, in the Latin Quarter. It's not far from Familia, and is very modern (as in refurbished) and clean. We paid 95 euro per night and had a decent sized room with a balcony overlooking the street (by request). We'll be staying there again.
Aug 5th, 2003, 05:19 AM
stjohnbound

Sorry about the two postings...I decided to put the word Paris in my title so it would come up if someone put Paris in the Text Search. It didn't work. Thanks for the hotel suggestion...I'll look it up. Any other suggestions out there?

Aug 5th, 2003, 05:27 AM

Take a look at Hotel de Notre Dame. (this is the one on Rue Maitre Albert). We stayed there last October. It's only 50 paces from the Seine right at Notre Dame. Some rooms have views of the cathedral. If there are times when Mom prefers to stay behind for the day, this is a location where she could easily stroll around on her own and take in the sights.

Our double room was small, but well appointed. Their website says they have a "Deluxe room, 3 or 4 persons, with view". I didn't see the room, but I suspect it's on the top floor overlooking the rooftops toward the river. Price is 244E...breakfast was about 7E, but we usually ate out.
http://www.hotel-paris-notredame.com/index.html

I've only stayed in two Paris hotels, but I can't imagine one with a better location. Fodorite JmVikmanis said they stay there all the time...do a search for "hotel de Notre Dame". Maybe he's seen the "duplex" room.

On the other hand, you might want to look at apartments, although 2BR, 2BA is rare (and expensive) in a good location.
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:26 AM

Last Oct.my husband and I stayed at the Hotel St. Germain in the 6th, 88 Rue de Bac (150.00 euro) for a double room. Fairly small but comfortable room w/ french doors that opened out to Rue de Bac below. Nicely furnished and a good breakfast for 9e each. Very helpfull staff.