PARIS BUDGET HOTEL - HOTEL PRACTIC

Jun 7th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

PARIS BUDGET HOTEL - HOTEL PRACTIC

I will be in Paris in September and have already booked in at Hotel Practic.
http://www.pratichotel.fr/ang/envoyeEN.php
It is in the 15th Arr. on Rue de L'Ingenieur. There are two Hotel Practic that is why I give you the address.
HAS ANYONE STAYED HERE??? I am concerned because I cannot get any outside references on this particular hotel so would greatly appreciate your input.
Jun 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM

There are 4 "Hotel Pratic" listed on PagesJaunes...yours is at:
20 rue Ingénieur Robert Keller 75015

(The better-known one is at 9 rue Ormesson 75004)

Yours is located near the Seine between Javel and Charles-Michel, which is an ok area but it's a bit 'off side' from most tourist attractions. You are sort of tucked in between the tall/modern office bldgs/hotels and shopping center. Go to www.pagesjaunes.fr and put in your address and click on 'photo'.

Have a look at Hotel de Nesle, which is better-situated (esp. for a 1st-timer):
www.hoteldenesleparis.com/
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:23 AM

Jeez Travelnut...what a great website too. Funky!
Yep, I could stay there sometime.
Jun 21st, 2006, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

I have decided to go with Hotel Pratic mostly because of the fantastic response I have had via email.
If I arrive at Gare du Nord on a Sunday morning would you suggest taking the Metro or the RER to Javel because they both seem fairly close. What a nifty website www.pagesjaunes.fr - Travelnut do you know if such a thing exists in any other country or just France?
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:02 PM

Pagesjaunes has begun to publish the photos of Spanish cities as well.
Taking the RER C to Javel is fine -- it is super easy walking distance to your destination -- just take the RER B from Gare du Nord to Saint Michel and change there. Or you can take bus line 42. I worked almost next door to the hotel for years, on the 27th floor of the Dexia building (also called the "Tour Cristal" because of its appearance).
Don't miss the Parc André Citroën when you are in the area or the rue Saint Charles market street. And, as you can see on any map, you are still in easy walking distance of the Eiffel Tower.
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:16 PM

You can get straight to the pictures by going to http://photos.pagesjaunes.fr
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:23 PM

I rented an apt. in that area once and liked it -- it's fine. place Charles Michels is a focal point and a place to hang out -- there's a cafe I like there (the Linnois). Also, there are some small bistros and shops along rue St Charles going south from there. That is an excellent food shopping street (bakeries, small grocers, etc.) at any time, not just during the market. There is a large Monoprix, which also has a supermarket, that can serve needs for anything you might need (toiletries, socks, underwear, soap, etc.) right on rue Linois west of place Charles Michels. There is a movie theater complex there, also, which has some VO films (original language). At least that metro line is fairly convenient, also, (the no. 10) as it goes right to St Germain.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 08:27 AM

This hotel is mentioned favourable in Sandra Gustafson's book "Great Sleeps" . It seems like a very good one star hotel, and a good bargain. Perhaps you could post a review of it after you stay.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 08:35 AM

I don't have her book here, but I'm willing to bet her review is on the hotel in the Marais, not in the 15th.
Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:54 AM

No it's not. It is the one in the 15th. I don't think that the one in the Marais would have made it in her book!
Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM

awrighty then... thanks for the verification.
Oct 15th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

I am back from my European jaunt and wanted to tell you about the Hotel Pratic in the 15th ARR.
It was just perfect for us. We had a twin bed room with a toilet and washbasin for 55 Euros for the room. We were on the 3rd floor and the shower was on the 1st but that was no problem. I would definitely stay there again.
Oct 16th, 2006, 09:53 AM

How nice to respond on the same thread, which is good when others search for hotel reviews.

Did you find any good bistros/cafes/restaurants that you liked near your hotel? Did you do any shopping on rue St Charles? They have some good bakeries along there and other small food shops.