Paris Bercy Hotel

Search

Paris Bercy Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2010, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Bercy Hotel

Bonjour à tous - I would like to ask if anyone might have a recommendation for a hotel near the Paris Bercy station. I'll be spending just one night in Paris next summer before taking a train from Bercy to Sancerre. I'd love to find a decent yet not too pricey hotel in the area. I've looked around and see that there is a Sofitel, Mercure, etc. in the area. I know this is not the most touristy part of Paris... so I also wonder if any of you Parisians might advise that I should stay elsewhere. I always stay in the 7th and don't know the area around the Bercy station well. My train to Sancerre is not until 2pm so it is always possible to take the Métro from another neighborhood.

Merci par avance!
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM

Metro Lines 6 and 14 go to Gare de Bercy. Why not stay somewhere central and just take Metro to catch train?
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 09:09 AM

There was someone looking for a very cheap hotel who found one at Bercy which seemed fine. I believe it was part of the Accor chain, but one of their cheaper brands which I can't recall. Just go to Accor's website and search.

I don't think it really matters much where anyone stays for one night. If you are taking the train, of course that location would be perfect. It's not a bad location at all. You don't intend to just stay around your hotel, do you? Bercy is very convenient to public transporation being on the new line which I really like.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 09:12 AM

there is an IBIS, a cheaper accorhotels.com brand opposite the Gare de Lyon - there is nothing right around the Bercy station, which is some ways is an extension of the Gare de Lyon, which is over crowded with trains. Gare de Lyon is a short walk from Bercy station - there are several hotels in the courtyard on the north face of the Gare de Lyon but none really by Bercy station if i recall correctly after having been there several times.

If you go by taxi to Bercy it drops you off right at the front door of this fairy small station.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 10:11 AM

The Novotel Paris Bercy, All Seasons, and Mercure Paris Bercy are within steps of the station. Advantage of staying near the station is having half a day to explore before collecting your bags from the hotel and walking over to the station, rather than having to return to another hotel for your bags and drag them across town.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 10:16 AM

Try this one:

http://www.hotelterminuslyon.com/en/index.htm

I'm staying there in a few weeks for basically the same reason. Easy booking and looks resonable. The Bercy station is very near the Lyon station.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 11:06 AM

Stayed at this one in the past. Reasonably priced and a couple of minutes walk from the station. Bercy village has some nice eateries.

http://www.bercykyriad.com/
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 11:14 AM

Bercy Village that stilldonotknow is on about is IMO a really nice place to stay - regardless of its proximity to Bercy station or not

lots of old wine warehouses now converted to boutiques or eateries - the old cobblestones and railway tracks still there hint at when this was where lots of wine came into Paris. And it's now in a park-like setting - a new vast park stretching all the way to the Gare de Lyon.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM

I think the hotel I was thinking of was the All Seasons. I see no reason to stay near Gare de Lyon, it isn't within a short walking distance and that isn't where the train leaves from. Sure, you can walk it, but I don't see the point, and most people wouldn't want to with luggage. There's nothing special around there that one is going to want to hang around, either. I think Bercy station is around 600-700 meters from Gare de Lyon.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM

I mention Gare de Lyon and the hotel Terminus because they are right across the street from each other. It's the next stop on the Metro from Bercy. It took me about 10 minutes walking.

Have a great trip.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM

If you stay in Bercy, maybe you will want to have dinner at Le train bleu restaurant in Gare de Lyon. No, it is not at all a typical restaurant in a train station!

http://www.le-train-bleu.com/uk/
http://www.placesinfrance.com/train_...ant_paris.html
Old Oct 3rd, 2010, 03:32 AM

We've stayed in the Ibis at Bercy village for 3 nights.

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-17...me/index.shtml

It was perfectly fine. It is not right next door to the station, but is very close to the metro.

I agree with PalQ (there has to be a first. Bercy Village is a nice place to hang out.
Old Oct 5th, 2010, 01:21 AM

A friend of mine stayed once in the Hotel Paris Bercy which is close to the train station. I remembered he told me the price was very affordable.
http://www.paris-bercy-hotel.com/index.html