Search

ok, got it.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, got it.

Hi all, just wanted to clear the air on all this "advertising" I have been doing on the board.

I have been used to posting on boards that allow a signature (commercial or non-commercial) and therefore assumed (yes, I know what happens when one "ASS-u-me-s&quot that the same rules applied here at Fodors. Boy was I WRONG!!!

So, appologies for the uproar and scandal I have caused here on the Spain forum.

Honestly just trying to help. Don't get much time to post on other boards so when I do I go overboard and post a lot.

Also, a bit of advice to the mods of this board. If you don't like the signature, let users know via e-mail and/or out loud on the board itself (which you have done) but you would be wise to edit just the sig. part of the posts instead of deleting the entire posts that one (ie. yours truly) spent good and valuable time on.

Saludos,
just plain jer...

p.d. ok, one last question... is it just the commercial stuff that is a no-no or are we also not allowed to mention my private website (non-commercial)?

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:16 AM
ira

Hi jer,

Thanks for being so good about this.

It is the advertisements that are bothersome. I don't think you will get much flack about letting people know about your private, non-commercial website.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:47 AM

Hi, jer,
It was very nice of you to apologise for your mistake . Having read some of your postings, I see that you are always just trying to be helpful, which is always a Good Thing
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 09:42 AM

I didn't see those posts others complained about but just viewed a couple of yours and you are being a little forgetful by claiming you only posted a tag line. You did not, you solicited business directly in addition to the web site URL and asked people to rent cell phones from you. You were not just trying to help or just posting a tagline, you were trying to drum up business and you were advertising. Do you know the difference?

So, if you now intend to post a different tagline which also solicits business, I'd suggest you don't. It's also unreasonable for you to expect the board owners to spend labor time personally editing your posts.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Once again, I have tried ot post a response to you Christina but it was deleted by a mod.

Ho hum... I shall not return to Fodors.com since this time I had not posted anythihg commercial AT ALL, I simply tried to comment on what Christina wrote above.

Not allowed to defend myself I suppose

Farewell my fellow Spain lovers!!! (and thanks to those of you who were understanding).

Saludos & adiós from Madrid,
jer...