Arlington Cemetery Hotel

Search

Arlington Cemetery Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arlington Cemetery Hotel

I will be traveling alone to the DC area for a family memorial ceremony at Arlington Cemetery. (2 nights)
Unfortunately for me it is Cherry Blossom Festival week (April)
and the hotel prices are very high.

I was looking for an Arlington hotel as I am alone & wanted a place I felt comfortable, could get around safely and would enjoy my down time.

So..contacted several hotels via email and two responded; understanding my situation was neither for siteseeing nor business and provided discounts for me.

The two are: Ritz ($299 from $399) at Pentagon City
and Hotel Palomar, a Kimpton hotel (which I have used elsewhere) in Rosslyn, $134 from $299...

Problem is, I am not famliar with the Palomar location so if any experts would weigh in with the pros and cons I would appreciate it.

I have a farily early flight out on the last day, so would like to have conveninent metro or shuttle service.
Thanks for any help!
Cha
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 05:13 AM

That is a fine location.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 05:15 AM

You got some good answers when you posted this question yesterday.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Anayamous

Hi, and thanks for confirming to me that I( did actually post one; I for the life of me) cannot find it!

I know I have been crazy worrying about this, but when I got up this am, and looked,it was NOT on my internet. So I thought, maybe I did not hit send...

so I typed in chacheetah and nothing appeared - where is it?

I'm not computer savvy, so instead of giving me a curt answer, perhaps you could help.
thanks
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

OK, I just figured it out; instead of "search" I just click on my screen name...Still, it took a while to show up on" MY U.S.Talk Forum Screen"
so Anonymous, maybe you could show a little more patience with some folks who may not be as practiced as you are on the forum.
Or, is that why you choose to remain Anonymous.
"cc"

and I'd be glad to share who I am.
Just a typical person who loves to travel and get info from a Forum to places I've never been, know nothing about. If you don't have info that will actualy help,don't bother responding

To the other two persons who HELPED me out, thank you very much
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 05:26 AM

Just click on your user name and your messages appear on the left-hand side of the screen.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 07:07 AM

I stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Arlington last June. I liked it very much. It is a brand new boutique hotel with very reasonable prices. The area around it is basically office buildings so busy during the day and pretty quiet at night. The Metro station is only a block away from the hotel so it is very easy to get around DC. You could get to Arlingtion Cemetary very quickly from there. It is also about a 15 minute walk across Key bridge to Georgetown. Very safe area.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

BoulderCO,
Thanks (and I LOVE Boulder)

I believe it will work nicely for me; I have stayed around Dupont Circle & think that area is just wonderful, but since I am in town for the Arlington Cemetery only, I really wanted to be closer. I think the Palomar will work for that.

Glad you liked it, too.
Cc
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM
cfc

The Palomar is very nice and will probably work well for you. You might find it moving to walk around the Iwo Jima memorial while you're in the area.

For future reference, however, keep in mind that staying near DuPont Circle, which is a nice area, isn't that far from anything. The Metro is right there, and distances around the DC/NoVa area aren't huge.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Dupont.
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Boy I really screwed up posting this twice; I am so sorry...but
things happen! (Overwhelmed,emotional, all that)

I do like Dupont Cirlce and have spent quite a bit of time there.

If I had more days I'd probably go back but with the memorial the day after I arrive I know that day will be full and by evening I will just fall into bed, just to get up in the am and fly out.

So..staying closer to Arlington (Palomar) is my choice. Plus the help and understanding they have given me is invaluable.

But -like I said on my OTHER posting ,I highly value the forum experts' ideas and opinions, so thank you again.

Cc
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM
cfc

I capitalized the P. Well exCUUUUUUUUSE ME!