Should Fodor's Run a Poll on....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you think? I think one of Fodor's polls should be on how people feel about the new registration system.<BR><BR>Has it made the site more professional?<BR><BR>Has it cut down on input?<BR><BR>Has it created better more pertinent input?<BR><BR>Has it eliminated the nasty people?<BR><BR>Etc......
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 05:07 AM

1. No I don't think we need a poll.<BR>2. Yes it has made the site more professional<BR>3. Yes it has cut down on input, but the type it cut down on was sniping and name calling which was not needed.<BR>4. Yes, it has created more pertinent input.<BR>5. Yes it has eliminated the people who should not have been allowed to post when they were not willing to be identified.<BR>
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 05:28 AM

Enjoy this site while you can. It will go away as did the &quot;travel agent&quot; board last year. Fodors isn't going to maintain a board with a dozen posts a day.<BR><BR>Peter
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:45 AM

PumpkinEater after a lot of snooping around I finally made contact with Paul and he is doing fine.I was concerned for his well being but he reports all is well.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Ok Charlie then what would be his reasoning for not participating in this board? <BR><BR>He was very vocal before he ran the risk of being edited.<BR><BR>And again it would be interesting to see how the public responded to a poll run by Fodor's on its own changes.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 09:46 AM

Techydude I respect Pauls reasoning and if an explanation were extended it should come from Paul.Peter had expressed concern about Paul in an earlier post and I just wanted Peter to know that Paul is fine.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 10:38 AM

Thanks Charlie - I was getting worried about the old fart.<BR><BR>Techydude - I'm sure you're aware that Paul used his real name and email address before registration. Thats not the reason he's not on this site anymore. I'm sure he also knows that this site is doomed and has simply gone elsewhere. Maybe you and the other ten posters still loyal to this site could exchange email addresses and continue your dialogs after Fodors pulls the plug.<BR><BR>Peter
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 11:01 AM

I am not sure how many responses the cruise forum generates, so I do not know how valid such a poll would be.<BR><BR>The thing is that the cruise forum was funny to visit before, but even then it was not really THAT active. There were still a handful of people who posted under many different names, and it appeared that it was active.<BR><BR><BR>I think that registration has really trimmed out the crap and this has become a respectable forum where legit questions receive answers.<BR><BR>All one has to do is visit another Fodor's forum (such as Europe) and you will see that it is an active forum that is helpful to travelers seeking assistance.<BR><BR>I don't see any reason why Fodors will &quot;pull the plug.&quot; I know that Peter wants that to happen, but I think that Peter is simply sad to see that instead of 50 posts per day (most of which were crap), now there are only a handful of posts per day.<BR><BR>I suspect that Paul also is saddened by this. However, those two really fed off each other and few people were really helped when you look at the big picture. <BR><BR>Of course Paul gave advice which helped many, but Peter and others made such comments that the average person would start to question anything that Paul (or anyone) said, and nobody believed any &quot;advice&quot; that was generated on this site.<BR><BR>Now respectability has been re-introduced, and just because there are fewer postings on the cruise forum, does not mean that registration is a bad thing.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 09:52 AM

Very well said Jim.