Oia Hotel - Lauda - October

Old Sep 4th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oia Hotel - Lauda - October

Hi!

Three of us (adults) are going to Santorini for a weekend in early October. Do you think we need advanced reservations at Lauda?

If you've stayed in Lauda, which room do you recommend for a great view of the water/caldera?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 12:50 PM
brotherleelove2003

In October reservations will definitely NOT be needed. I haven't stayed there but the location is great, right in the heart of the village on the cliff overlooking the caldera. Tell Nikos that Lee Marks says "Do you believe in miracles?"

Old Sep 4th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your reply!

besides Lauda, are there any other similar, affordable "hotels" (around the range of 80 euros for 3 ppl in one room) with good views/private balconies in Oia?

if i stay at lauda, i will tell nikos your message!

Old Sep 4th, 2003, 08:14 PM
brotherleelove2003

Markos Karvounis at Karvounis in the middle of Oia has a 4plex with 2 studios and 2 larger apartments for good rates. I'm sorry I don't know the prices, but the views are spectacular. Markos: 30 22860 71209/71209
There's also the Anemones Hotel, further along from the Lauda Apartments. I can't remember the names of any others, but they're all along the main walk through the village, so if you arrive during daylight hours you should be able to just take a walk until you find someplace you really like.

Old Sep 5th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much for your help, brotherleelove!
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 03:55 PM
brotherleelove2003

Slight Correction:

Sorry, I meant to write: Markos Karvounis at Karvounis "Tours"

Old Sep 6th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

thanks!

one more question: i'm also considering La Perla. do you know this complex? is the view better at Lauda or at La Perla?

i have no idea where La Perla is located in Oia but i've personally seen a room and its balcony at Lauda.

i posted another thread asking about the Stairs/View at La Perla (because i'm traveling with my parents who are around 65 years old and have problems hiking up stairs).

also, i just wanted to make sure that the view at La Perla is as good as what i've seen at Lauda.

any insights you have would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!! thank you!

Old Sep 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM
brotherleelove2003

From looking at some photos on the web I can tell you that the view from La Perla is every bit as good as the view from Lauda, perhaps even better, based on their respective positions in the village. La Perla is a little further south and the curve of the cliff might partially block some veiw to the north from Lauda (I'm splitting hairs here, both views will be great). I can't answer about the stairs, but every indication is that your parents will have to use them for either location, it's just a matter of how many and how steep they are. My recollection of Lauda is that there aren't that many of them but the main stairway is fairly steep. Sorry, I don't know about La Perla. That's something about Oia that can't be avoided, I'm afraid. Also, Lauda doesn't have a pool and La Perla does, if that's a factor for you. But then, Lauda's probably a lot cheaper as well.

Old Sep 6th, 2003, 06:50 PM
brotherleelove2003

Something else I just thought of: Markos' 4-plex is just about as far as you could walk down the stairs in the village from any spot along the main walk, so they probably wouldn't work for your parents. But he will be able to help you find something more accessible if you need assistance. He and Nikos are lifetime buddies, by the way.

Old Sep 7th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much!!!! i really appreciate yoru help!