Reload this Page >

October 2002 trip again

Search

October 2002 trip again

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 04:01 PM
sheila

October 2002 trip again

Thanks to all that responded. The information provided was great. I am now wondering whether I should go to Greece at all - I have been there before but never Turkey. Making the crossing seems to take too much time. Opinions welcomed?<BR>I was also wondering if any of you have taken the ferry from Istanbul to Izmir? Any information would be great? Is air travel better? faster? etc.<BR>As for accomodations, we are looking for quaint and clean at reasonable rates. Any favorites. We definately will not be staying at the Four Seasons (not that I wouldn't want to / maybe in another life)

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 12:32 AM
murat

Better fly from istanbul to izmir and spend time at coast instead. Driving is also fine to see nice places in between if your time permits within your itinerary.<BR><BR>If you let me know where you are staying and how long I could suggest some names of hotels.<BR><BR>Good luck

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 05:46 AM
abc

sheila<BR><BR>If you have never been turkey before you MUST GO TO TURKEY. How many days arre you going to stay in Turkey? If you stay less then 10 days you should fly to Izmir From Istanbul then see the other places in Turkey. If you stay more then 14 days you can start from Istanbul then Canakkale (To see TROY or TROIA) then Pergamum, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Antalya region then Konya cappadocia, then Hattusha, ankara, bursa, then back to Istanbul. This trip almost takes 14 or 15 days. If you want more information ask again<BR><BR>ABC

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Kris

Just my opinion, of course, but if you haven't been to Turkey, you might want to concentrate all your time there and not spend a day trying to get between the two. We have been to Turkey twice and there are still enough places I'd like to visit for yet another trip.<BR><BR>I spent a lot of time debating over which hotel and ended up at Pierre Loti for a couple of nights and Grand Yavuz for a couple of nights. Pierre Loti had the better location but I wasn't impressed by the room or the hotel, just adequate. We had a fabulous room #614 at Grand Yavuz-large, overlooking the Marmara Sea, appeared to be recently redecorated. I booked through www.gtahotels.com for $45 per night. It was about a 5 minute walk to the Bazaar or to the mosques.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:04 AM
carol

IMHO, Turkey is way nicer than Greece. In ten days you will just get to see some of the highlights.