Search

Turkey Itinerary Assistance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey Itinerary Assistance

Hi..

My Girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Turkey for 5 days between Aug 31 to Sept 4. We are planning to visit Istanbul, Kusadesi, Ephesus, Istanbul, and Panukkala.

I understand that this might be a lot to fit in 5 days, but hoping for your suggestions/recommendations on the best way possible to cover our wish list. We are open to flying everywhere and any tour company recommendations would be appreciated as well.

Much Appreciated, A
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Sorry would like to add Cappadocia to the list as well..
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 06:02 AM

That is a lot of territory to see in such a short time. Istanbul itself could easily use up those 5 days. What is the goal of this trip?

Maybe Istanbul and one other location.

Are you arriving from overseas (jetlag)? Remember that day one will be partially lost landing and getting to hotel and that the last day is partially lost going back to airport to leave. Similarly everytime you take a flight and change cities there is "overhead" time lost just getting set up before you start touring.

This would be hectic
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 07:12 AM

If you do not charter a heli or small jet, don't.

Best you can do is Istanbul 2 days, fly Cappadocia 1 night and fly to Izmir for Ephesus and return Istanbul.
Do not take it personal but also buy a Turkey History book later you will need to remember what you have seen

Good luck,

Murat
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 07:17 AM

Given the huge distance between places in Turkey, I wouldn't try to cover so much in such a short time either. You won't remember anything!

We are going to be in Turkey in September and our itinerary is Istanbul 3 nights, Cappadocia 3 nights, Selcuk 1 night, Fethiye/Kayakoyu 4 nights, Istanbul 1 night before flying home.

With 5 nights I would do Istanbul and Ephesus or Istanbul and Cappadocia and save the rest for another time.

Amanda
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM

Agreed with the above. You need a minimum of 3 days in Istanbul just to see the main sights. We spent 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Selcuk and this worked out well for us.

Tracy