Nuit Blanche-Paris-Oct. 2011

Old Sep 16th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Nuit Blanche-Paris-Oct. 2011

Is there any thing in particular we should check out or should we just do our favorite thing in Pais and amble down the interesting streets?

Would a night cruise on The Seine be any different than normal?
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That has dozens of scheduled events usually, so it depends which appeals to you, and they are never the same each year. I was there once for that but didn't go to any as they weren't convenient to where I was staying or didn't interest me, or the one I was interested in just wasn't worth the hassle (the crowds can be huge as some of them). Kind of weird performance art stuff a lot or things I wasn't interested in.

That event (Nuit Blanche) doesn't take place everywhere, I think you kind of have to know where you are going and for what, or may not see anything related to it, although you could stumble across something. It's only going on in four places, and two are far out (Montmartre and Batignolles). The two others, more central, are around Hotel de Ville and St Georges/Nouvelle Athenes area.

There are full programs on the city of Paris website, I think you should check those out and see if there is anything you especially want to see. They have some good maps, also. Here is the program for the St Georges area http://nuitblanche.paris.fr/pdf/Nuit...nt_Georges.pdf

I don't think the night cruise has anything to do with it or wouldn't expect it to be affected in any way.
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Christina----thanks so much for the extensive information. We'll be staying on Ile St. Louis so maybe we'll wander over to the Hotel de Ville and see what is going on there.
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 09:52 AM

The 9th-17th-18th arrondissements are the main zone this year. However, there are always some events near Hôtel de Ville, the historical heart of the event.

Metro line 14 and metro line 12 north of Madeleine will be running all night.
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kerouac - Do you know of a site where we can find out what's going on in which locations? I've searched, but haven't found anything much.
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM

The site Christina gave is the official site.