Nov Luzern-Lausanne-BO in 6 days?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going Nov 6-13 And thought of 2 days in Luzern, 2 days in Lausanne , and 2 days in BO. Where should I stay in BO that will have the most things open and access to the mountain lifts? Are all the lifts closed in November? I don't want to stay in a tiny town.

I figure I should spend at least 2 days seeing the beautiful Alps up close...is the another place that would be more open than BO in Nov. that would give an excellent Alps fix?Lugano?

Also I go into and out of Zurich, what is the best order of traveling?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I was in BO last year, and it was absolutely spectacular, but there were no people there, just the llama-herders. But like you said, it's a really good place to see the beautiful Alps up close. The Relais de Rjootske Hermannnskvjoldkeissenhausse offers top-notch service & food, though you will need to bring your own beds, and the manager sometimes cries uncontrollably. The best order of travelling is the Benedictine order.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 08:24 PM

I'm right in the middle of planning for my trip to BO and still trying to stay at the Rjootske for their liebeskind celebration. Totally frustrated because I can't get thru their contact link! Is the Benedictine order code still valid? I'll try anything to get in. Bet you were there during the maudlin festival based on your no crowd story. Still who needs a bed when there's so much going on? Any advice? Friends told me a portable recliner will do. What a concept though, it's absolutely first in any category.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 06:32 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would pick Vevey or Montreux over Lausanne for your base on Lac Leman.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:34 AM

Too late, he's there now...
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think so. He's too busy buying a baton for Italy.
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:33 AM

todor, I am so envious of your being fortumate enough to attend the maudlin festival. It has always been one of my lifelong dreams. Did you by any chance get to see the Holy Udder? I know it was travelling with an international exhibitionist for a few years. Then I read somewhere about some sort of brouhaha between the uberschnauzer and the schadenfreud. (Personally, I suspect drugs were involved, linguists being notoriously prone to alternative depravity.) (Several of my ancestors were devoutly linguistic, so I hope I'm not being disrespectful.)

The portable recliner should be fine, as long as it has an adaptable massage feature. And a little hint: if you order a la carte, you may have better luck contacting the Rjootske.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 06:43 AM

Strange that you asked, but I did have a brief encounter with the Holy Udder last year at
the Cowshed which is a five-star Scotsman hotel. Its claim to fame is the Udder spa which has become one of Edinburgh's uber stylish attractions. This is not a typical spa with faux-pipe music, patchouli oils and Zen overdose. The Udder spa is a breath of fresh air. We were there for the 'Hung-over Cow' massage and the full 'Horns to Hooves' MOT and it was there that we saw the Holy Udder revealing secrets from the Babington House in Somerset. I can't say much for the salacious cow puns - Horny Cow massage oil & the Udderly seductive wrap - but they did put a smile on my ex girlfriend’s face.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Oh, heavens, todor. Such memories you've revived! My ex-gf also enjoyed cows, and she had some secrets that even the HU couldn't imagine. Such a kind, sensitive, well-endowed person she was, too; if only I hadn't been so narrow-minded.

Now, I need to ask you about the Babington House. Are you quite sure you aren't referring to the Babiington House? People often confuse the two places, in spite of the fact that the Babington is 5 stars and the Babiington is 5.2 stars.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 08:30 AM

Good grief , your memory recap made it very hard for me to focus on your query. You brought up a good question, I don‘t want people to confuse those two quintessential resorts because the other one has a big old horse ranch that I’m not familiar with, are you??? Can’t imagine what gave them that extra two tenths.
For an invigorating cowshed treatment, check out the Babington House website below. You’d be surprised what 22 thousand quid will buy : an unforgetable celebration including the stable and attic rooms with all munchies included (press the link on the lower right corner to see).
If the day is not too fresh, they do everything outdoor with impromptus under the yurt (Mongolian tent). Holy udder !!! It’s just like at the Rjootske in BO. I can only say that people relish in all sorts of frivolities on the grass tennis courts, cricket field, and the pool. I'd tell you more if I could, but it is afterall a members only club.
www.babingtonhouse.co.uk/
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 11:45 AM

[momentary character break:
a website? An effing <i>valid</i> website?
I give. You're good.]