Naples to Capri

Aug 29th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Naples to Capri

We are staying 3 days in Naples, and want to visit the Amalfi Coast, any suggestions in how to do it?

Aug 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM

Capri is an island and is not on the coast. See the ferry route from Naples here: http://tinyurl.com/3c2cjt.

If you want to visit the towns on the Amalfi Coast, the easiest way is to take a Circumvesuviana train from Naples to Sorrento and a bus from there to the town(s) of your choice.
Aug 29th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Depending on season, there is boat service between Naples and Sorrento, and most of the towns along the Amalfi Coast.
Aug 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM

Very easy to do. You simply go to the port area, (there are three) most use Molo Beverello because of the greater number of departures and get the hyrofoil and it takes appx 45min-1hr and your there. There is also a ferry cheaper but lots slower. Here is a link that will give you fares and times. Tickets are sold at windows at building on the dock.

http://www.capri.net/en/getting-here

If you are near the train station the #1 bus\tram will take you there for 1e. on your return you can also get ticket at small coffee place next to port.
Sep 5th, 2008, 12:58 PM

The title of this post is "Naples to Capri." But you're asking about visiting the Amalfi Coast? This is confusing. Which place to you want to visit from Naples?

If you do 3 days in Naples you'll cover Lake Como, Venice, Florence, Rome and other stops in between (Lake Garda, Orvieto, Assisi, etc.) in 8 days?

Are you sure you want to do this? You won't see much of any of these places.

You might want to check a map and figure out the driving times between places to see if you'll have any time for sightseeing. Also plan out your total itinerary. Where in the trip will you do Naples? At the end?
Sep 5th, 2008, 05:46 PM

Agree - do you want to go out to the Isle of Capri?

Or down the Amalfi Coast?

And why stay IN Naples - which is probably the least scenic and pleasant city in the area?
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

My husband has never been to Italy, so we are trying to see a lot, I know, but we'll drive about two hours in between cities, will be in Lake Como for two nights drive to Venice, stay two nights, drive to Florence, stay two nigths, drive to Rome, stay two nights and then Naples for two nights that's when we are going to visit Capri; I will comment when we get back, I think is going to be busy but very nice, thank you for all your nice comments.
Sep 6th, 2008, 06:57 PM

I'm afraid I have to disagree. This will not be nice at all. You will spend way too much time in the car. For your itinerary, you really don't want a car, as you don't want to be driving in any of those places. In Venice and Capri, you couldn't drive if you wanted to. You will be paying to park in these cities.

You would have a much nicer trip if you cut down the destinations and spent more time in fewer places. With ten nights, it would be best to choose two, or at the most three destinations.