Search

Naples 1 Day

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:02 AM
Karter

Naples 1 Day

I have one day for a day tip to Napoli. What are your suggestions for the must do's in Napoli with one day ? Also best place to see the prettiest view of the bay?

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:55 AM
Geoff Hamer

For the best view of the bay, if the weather's fine, take a boat to Capri from Molo Beverello. Avoid hydrofoils and other fully-enclosed fast craft.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:10 PM
Dona

I love Napoli - I hope you will, too.<BR><BR>With one day, I would definitely just put on a good pair of walking shoes and walk the city - along the Bay [with its beautiful views], through the old city, check out the archeological museum, and, if you want to, take the tram up to Vormero for more spectacular bay and city views.<BR><BR>And don't forget to eat the pizza - this is where it was born!!<BR><BR>Enjoy your trip -<BR>Dona

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:20 PM
barbara

Napoli is great! Capri is a good idea, but depending on weather and tourist season, other things might be better. If it is high tourist season, stay away from Capri - much too crowded to enjoy. We were there in May. It was awful. Too crowded. We lived near Naples, so had been to Capri many times before. It was sad to see so many tourists and no way to move arouond in the streets. I'd go to Pompei and tour there. It is wonderful. I'd also do what the previous person said and walk along the bay and see Santa Lucia harbour and make sure you order a Margarita Pizza. The BEST and the original!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:21 PM
gac

For a splendid view of the Bay, go to the terrace of the San Martino Museum on the Vomero Hill. While there, see the collections too!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:41 PM
Marilyn

The museum there has many items from Pompeii and is quite interesting. Marilyn