myair.com PLEASE HELP?!?!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted sometime last week but received no responses...

I have been trying for 4 or 5 days now to book a flight from Paris to Venice for May of this year on myair.com. I get through and put the credit card info in and it pops up with "IT failed" and sometimes something about not capturing the attempt...

Is or has anyone had this problem on myair.com? Am I putting a credit card in the wrong way...or something? Or is it the website?

I tried calling myair.com in Italy on my phone card but had a horrible time getting through and got someone that I don't think was part of My Air at all...sounded like some random man in his home or something who didn't speak English?

If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it so much
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Naybe it has something to do with your computer settings. This info is listed on their website about problems completing transactions.
http://www.myair.com/docs/cust/en/security.shtml
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:34 AM

krisabug27, did you find out anything about myair?
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

finally got it to work by using a different credit card (both were visa) not sure exactly why this was the case as we used the original card to buy our tickets from DC to Europe so i know it works??

as it is, after a week of not getting it to work i finally got it to go through and the next day had a change in our plans and now have to pay $50 to change the tickets back a day, just my luck!
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 06:07 PM

Hello again,

I was curious because we have been considering using myair (versus ryanair-see my comments after the quote below...)

"Police investigating the collapse of Italian airline Volare arrested six former company executives on Wednesday, accusing them of diverting funds to set up a new airline. Volare collapsed under heavy losses and debt just before last Christmas, leaving thousands of passengers stranded. The various charges are false accounting, fraudulent bankruptcy, bankruptcy in relation to the diversion of funds...A legal source said the warrant for the arrests specified that the new airline was low-cost carrier MyAir.com, founded by some of Volare's former managers." There is more on this site http://www.theairlinenews.com/Archive/a20050428.html

The article is from April 2005, however, but the only people I have seen any posts from include 2 positive reviews and 2 very negative reviews, stating they have too few planes and left the passengers stuck with 8 -12 hour delays. I am curious how this will work out, because I still don't know who to choose (Ryanair with their 'way-out-there' airports...or Myair with their strangely absent history.) Let me know anything you find. Thanks!!!
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

not sure if you'll see this...but that's kind of scary news...we decided to go for the closer airports so i really hope we don't get screwed over...the flight times kind of suck (not getting in to venice until like 9 pm) but there was only one choice...

i figure, i'm just going to take my chances...this is our first trip to europe and really have no idea what to expect so if we get screwed over, we'll chalk it up to adventure

let me know what you decide and if you find out anything else...
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 05:54 PM

I think we are going to do the overnight train. After much thought and arithematic, I decided it is cheaper and more reliable. We have a great hotel in Venice so I hated to give up a night there for the train. However, the math makes sense when you consider that you don't pay for one night's hotel. Here's the math ( remember there are 2 adults and one child):

MyAir--
$230 US for all three of us
$300 US hotel in Venice
use metro for transport

Train--
$464 US for all three of us in a sleeper car

And the other advantages are:
The train is reliable. (no worries about delays, cancellations and being there 2 hours early)

No wasting a day of our vacation in airports. (we sleep through the train ride and we're there in the morning)

Good luck...I will be curious to hear how your myair experience was, since there are so very few people who have actually used it that post.
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM

krisabug,

Had a similar problem with the MyAir website the other day, but mine was with the change portion of the site. I had no problem booking my flight from Venice to Paris for next October, but when plans changed I simply could not make the damned site accept the additional bucks to make the necessary changes.

Finally I had to call them. Not problem at all. They spoke good English and were able to change my flights with no trouble. Cost me a bit, but my own fault.

Please let me know how your trip goes, as I am a bit anxious due to some of the other alarmist posts. Actually, my other flights are on Delta, so I'm at double risk.

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

nukesafe, I'm interested in how you got ahold of MyAir? I tried on my calling card and it would not work...If you are calling from the US...and dial the pin number...then it's like 011 and then what? I'm not sure why I can't get it to work...maybe messed up on ommitting zeros at the beginning? TIA!
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 12:53 PM

krisabug,

My apologies for not responding sooner. This thread dropped off the board and I just now looked back at the older posts.

If it is not too late, I got MyAir by dialing from the States. I dialed 011-44-2073651597. Got through right away. Suggest you call them during their business hours, of course.

Best of luck!

Old Feb 26th, 2006, 01:05 PM

Did you call your credit card company that issued the first Visa card to tell them about your plans to incur charges from Italy? Same thing happened to me when I tried to make car rental bookings, as it happened, in Sydney before heading to Australia. I forgot to call first, and called after the card was rejected, and was told that the automatic fraud prefvention software denied the charge becuse my account had no history of frequent dealings with Australia.

WK