Museum pass Florence

Search

Museum pass Florence

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Museum pass Florence

I have been trying to get on the Friends of the Uffizzi site to get museum passes for two teachers and four students. The site seems to be not operating. Does anyone know about it? Also do you think they will consider two female teachers and two students to be a family? They say two adults and two children under 18 could get a family membership for 100 euros.
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:51 AM
ira

Hi LOF,

You have been using http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/english/musei/uffizi/ ?

Have a nice visit.

Old May 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM

related question- about buying tickets on the website- some guidebooks talk about calling a number, and making a reservation, and then paying when you get there- is there actually a choice between the two ways, or is the whole phone-call method a thing of the past?
Old May 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
nvl325 - That's because the guide books are outdated. Until this past year, online reservations didn't exist and the only option was to call. You can still call, but you still have to pay tickets plus the 4E reservation fee.

lots of fun - Have you filled out the info and sent it? Are you sure it's not going into your spam folder on the return?
http://www.amicidegliuffizi.it/ordina.aspx
Old May 18th, 2009, 05:10 AM

I'm not sure about the Friends of the Uffizi site, but Polo Museale site was not operating last week for booking Accademia (altho' was fine a week earlier for Uffizi). However, if you will be at a hotel in Florence, ask at the desk and they will call for you and you should have no problems getting in. In fact a friend was staying at a hotel and while I was with her, the hotel concierge (knowing full well I was not a hotel guest but just a friend), very willingly called the Accademia for me and got me a reservation for the time I wanted. Cost me 2 euros for his time (same as my friend the hotel guest). If I understood his Italian correctly, he said that booking online for dates after May 20 was too difficult--again this might just have been for the Accademia (where of course the David statue is).
Old May 18th, 2009, 05:38 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
When you book online (using the official website that Ira linked), it rolls over to b-ticket to process the reservation/purchase. Pick your museum and date. I just clicked on the Academia for June and tickets were available every day.
http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ira:
Thanks for your response. I went on the Polo website and didn't see an option for a museum pass. It's possible to order individual tickets but not a pass. There are some combined tickets such as Boboli Gardens and the Pitti museums but I am looking for a pass that would let us in to about 10 different museums. I wonder what has happened to the Friends of the Uffizi site. Polo has a great option for virtual tours of the galleries (which is great for students). Thanks again.
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 01:00 AM

The Friends of the Uffizi are not going to issue a family pass unless you are a real family (at least I highly doubt it). They made us show ID when we first signed up - and depending on who is at the window at what museum, they will ID you again when you show your card.

As to the office, it was currently on the regular entrance side. The Italian site seems to be working fine: http://www.amicidegliuffizi.it/become_a_member.aspx

You can try to get the membership when you are here in Florence - it only takes a few minutes. On the U.S. site the prices offered here are not available -

This is the museum authority official ticket site:

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx

And it also seems to be working fine for most people.

There is news of a new pass coming in September, 3 days, many museums, no lines, no need to reserve, and free public transportation.