Munich-which hotels have AC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have searched the messages and see that most of the time this topic comes up, it turns into a debate about whether AC in the summer in Munich is necessary. I can make that decision for my self, thank you, so please only respond if you know of a decent hotel that has AC in Munich. Many thanks in advance.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:17 AM

Sorry I can't help, none of the hotels I stayed at in Munich had AC. Never needed it myself, even in mid July.

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:18 AM

Now that was rude.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Don;t know offhand about Munich - but understand the need for AC. If you look at one of the major sites - like Travelocity - it lets you select by specific amenities. You can then compile a list of hotels with AC - and search for better prices for them.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:44 AM

We stayed at Mercure Munchen City Center the end of May 2007: for a double with AC (definitely a plus while we were there): 94 Euros - huge room, very modern with flat screen t.v. - it's just a block from the side of the train station (which is a great resource for foods, the metro, direct lines to the airport). Book directly through www.accorhotels.com for best price. You do, indeed, walk past a couple of hostels on the same street, but they looked interesting and the area was busy, seemed safe, and definitely convenient. We were well-satisfied.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Hi, Novotel Munich Messe and Hilton City also have A/C, because I stayed there.
But should be many more.
Just look at the official website muenchen.de of Munich. There is a downloadable hotel list with symbols for all amenities.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 10:40 AM

A few years ago we had a great stay at the budget property, Kings Hotel, in Munich.(http://www.kingshotels.com) It is two blocks from the train station, with plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood and an easy walk to Marienplatz. We changed money and picked up all the tourist info we needed at the train station. The hotel had all the modern amenities you could ask for (including air conditioning) at a very reasonable price. I even have a hysterical picture of my husband perched under the crown on the bed headboard. I'd go back again anytime.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We are staying at the Marriott Munich in Schwabing which is a 10 minute train ride to the city centre. We wanted a/c as well and this was a reasonably priced hotel in a quiet area. I also found a tough time finding a hotel with A/c I was surprised that even the Sheraton had no A/C. We found some hotels near the train station offered a/c, but the neighborhood seemed sketchy. So, we opted for the schwabing hotel. If we don't need a/c, that is fine, but if it is a scorcher, I like my a/c as well.
We are staying there in June so I can't comment on it till we get back.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM

I second the rec. for the Munich Marriott...we stay there when we visit. Nice hotel, close to the U-bahn, with AC.

Have a great trip!
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 11:48 AM

On the website Germany's biggest reseller of hotel rooms at www.hrs.com (switch language to English, if necessary) you can opt for an "Extented Search".
At the lower end of the screen, you find "Facilities at hotel and in room". Once you opened that folder, you can tick A/C and make it a "Must have" for your search.
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I appreciate all of these helful suggestions. I will give them a try. Happy travels to you all.