Munich hotel next September

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Munich hotel next September

We're planning on being in Munich at the end of Sept 2007. Looking for a hotel in the center of town for around 100E, I think thats during Octoberfest so don't want to wait too long to book rooms. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Will be using public transportation only this trip. Thanks.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 02:57 PM

We stayed at the Kings First Class Hotel on Dachauer street - it is about a block and a half from the main train station, so very convinient. Our room rate was about 90E for 2 people, not including breakfast. The hotel was very nice and our room was comfortable - small, but well laid out and the furnishings were nice. The neighborhood isn't the best - nothing dangerous or anything, just not a particularly picturesque street. Sort of par for the course around the train station.

The other hotel where we stayed in Munich was outside the center of town, but very convinient to public transportation so I thought I would mention it too since it is in your budget. The Hotel Laimerhof, which is about a 10 minute walk from the Laim S-Bahn station and closer than that to Romanplatz which is served by 2 tram lines that go to the center of town. We had $105 per night including breakfast for 2 people, so that is about 85 euros, I think. Great little hotel, nice people, really nice neighborhood. We were using public transportation as well and found it to be a convinient location - a little walking required, but not bad.
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks J, both these places looked good until I put in the dates, the prices triple for Octoberfest. Any suggestions for outside Munich with easy access?
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:36 AM

How far "outside" Munich are you willing to stay? In the "suburbs" or would you stay as far as Augsburg (for example) which is a 30-minute train ride?
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 11:31 AM
tcl

We stayed at Hotel Munchner Kindl right around Marienplatz this past September. The location was really central to most of the sights. We paid about 80E for a double room (no breakfast), but I think with breakfast would have been 90E. The room was clean, but the bathroom was the smallest one I've seen! Perhaps the other rooms were roomier. Here's the website:
www.hotel-muenchner-kindl.de
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 11:45 AM

Last May we stayed at Hotel Uhland in a residential area near the train station. Bit of a walk to the centre but very comfortable hotel, friendly service and reasonable at 80 Euros per night.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 06:45 AM
ira

Hi L,

We very much liked www.hotel-uhland.de/enwelcome.html

It's within your budget.

Old Oct 21st, 2006, 03:21 PM

I have heard great things about the Hotel Uhland - it was my first choice, but they were booked up for when we were going, so we stayed at the Laimerhof instead. Hotel Uhland is very close to the Oktoberfest grounds, so it would be great if you could get a room there in your price range.

What about the town of Freising? It is 30 minutes or so outside of central Munich, served by the S-Bahn train system, so that would be convinient. I don't have any hotel recommendations, but it is a nice little town, sort of out of the way a bit.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 08:18 PM

My friend and I stayed at an Etap Hotel on the outskirts of Munich a couple years ago. It was very basic accomodations, but clean and inexpensive. It was also only about 3 blocks or so from a subway station which took us to the center. I believe it was the Muenchen City Sued. You can find it on www.etaphotel.com or www.accorhotels.com. Hope your trip goes well.