Hotel Uhland or Acanthus Hotel Munich

Old Apr 19th, 2007, 01:19 PM
hh
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Uhland or Acanthus Hotel Munich

I don't know which hotel to choose from between the Uhland or Acanthus for our stay in September. Which one is the most centrally located to all the sights. The Uhland is 20 Euros cheaper than the Acanthus but that is not a consideration at this stage.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 01:33 PM

I have never stayed at Acanthus but I think Hotel Uhland is one of the best hotels we have stayed at in Europe. It is only a ten minute walk from the UBahn station, the rooms and service are wonderful and they have a very good breakfast buffet included in the price of the room. We enjoyed it so much last year that we are booked there again for next fall.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 01:45 PM

We also have stayed at the Uhland, and we liked it very much.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM

I guess I wasn't as thrilled with the Uhland, and I thought it was a bit away from things, but on the other hand, it is in a nice neighborhood and a quiet area. The front office was helpful with maps etc.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM

I have not stayed at either hotel, but I am familiar with the location of the Uhland. We were planning to stay there, but they didn't have availibility for all our nights, so we stayed elsewhere - but while we were in Munich, we were in the area, so we wandered by to check it out.

Anyway, I think the location is convinient, but it is a little bit out of the way. Could be a plus or a minus, depending on your perspective. Like others have said, it is a 10-minute walk to the U-Bahn station and then a couple stops into the center of Munich. This would be fine for us, but some may want to be closer to the city center.