Hotel Uhland in Munich

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Uhland in Munich

I know that the Hotel Uhland is popular with Fodorites who visit Munich. It is family-owned and fairly comfortable. Can anyone tell me about the are in which it is located? Is it near restaurants for evening meals? What about walking distance to at least some of the interesting sights? Is the area around the hotel fairly safe?

Thanks for any info that you can give me.

Pat
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 06:01 PM
jgg

The area around the hotel is very safe. It really is not within walking distance to any interesting sites, and only within walking distance to one Italian restaurant (which was fabulous!!). It is mostly a residential area. It is however, located very near a u-bahn station which gets you into the city center very quickly. I spent a lot of time deciding where to stay in Munich - we generally like to be centrally located - however, I just couldn't find anything in Munich that I thought would fit the bill and everyone kept raving about this place. We really enjoyed our stay there, and found the location to be good. BTW, it is located very close to Oktoberfest.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM

We have stayed at Hotel Uhland four times and have always enjoyed it. Ditto jgg's remarks, although we did walk to Marienplatz -- not a bad walk if you enjoy walking -- very safe. We also walked several blocks in another direction for grocery stores. If you're not into walking, the u-bahn is just a couple of blocks from the hotel and will take you all over Munich.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM

I, too, am looking into this hotel for summer. I saw no mention of A/C on their website. Am I correct in assuming none exists?
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate the help.

Pat