Europaeischer Hof Hotel Munich?

Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Europaeischer Hof Hotel Munich?

Is this a decent hotel? Is it in easy walking distance to the Marienplatz ?
Thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM

I have never stayed at this hotel, however the pictures on the website look decent. It is rated three (of five) stars.

It is located right across the main train station. This means you have excellent access to public transportation, including the underground train to Marienplatz.

Walking distance to Marienplatz is half a mile - you walk over Bayerstraße, then across Karlsplatz, and then over Neuhauser Straße, which is the main shopping street.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:40 PM

I have stayed there, but it was years ago. It was a nice clean hotel, but very small room. No problem with walking to the Marienplatz. I stay just around the corner at the Hotelissimo Haberstock and I walk there every day that I'm in Munich. If you like, you can take a tram. It will be at the front door of the Europaeischer.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

scatcat:
I was just reading about the Hotelissimo. Would you recommend it over the Europaeischer? I just read that the Europaeischer has strips club around it and I am uncomfortable with that.
Thanks for any guidance. Our first trip and we are extremly un-travled.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:16 PM

They are both located very near to the other. There are a couple of bars across from the Hotelissimo. But I have never had any trouble. The breakfast at Hotelissimo is wonderful. All the staff speak English and are extra friendly and helpful. I don't know the difference in price because it has been years since I stayed at the Euuopaeischer. Hotelissimo has free internet in your room with ethernet.
Old May 27th, 2009, 05:05 AM

We like the wine bar at the Europaeischer for a light dinner with a nice bottle of wine. Public areas are nice and hotel is clean, but not luxurious.