Moulin Rouge 9 PM Show

Search

Moulin Rouge 9 PM Show

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2018, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moulin Rouge 9 PM Show

Visiting the Moulin Rouge 9 PM Show on a Friday in May. We will not be having dinner at the cabaret. In the photos, I have seen long lines to get in and be seated. At what time do you recommend to make the line so we can get a good spot. We are both short in stature!
Also need recommendation for not too expensive restaurant in the same area.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 06:35 AM

There are a lot of good restaurants in that area just to the south a bit. It really depends what kind of food you want, perhaps you should say There are a lot of various ethnic restaurants in that area, I like some of the Indian ones, for example.

HEre are a couple typical French you might look at

Le Garde Temps - Paris - Réservez en ligne

https://www.restaurantlescanailles.fr/en-salle/

https://www.facebook.com/LePantruche/

The Cloche d'Or doesn't seem to have its website up yet, but it's good for traditional food, like cassoulet
https://www.alaclochedor.com/

SoPi doesn't have a website either
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...de_France.html

As for when to line up, I don't really know. I'd suggest be there by 8:30 at least. However, be aware that some people will already be inside if they are having dinner. But that makes the lines shorter than the 11 pm show.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 09:22 AM

The official site says between 8:30 and 8:45. FAQ Frequently Asked Questions - Moulin Rouge (Site Officiel) - Moulin Rouge (Site Officiel)
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Too many allergies (spicy) among us for ethnic food, although I like them. So I will check out the French restaurants you mentioned. Thank you.Christina
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 09:41 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Rue Lepic, right around the corner, has several modest places to eat and on Rue Veron, then more at the top of the hill (2 blocks) along Rue Joseph de Maistre to the left & Rue des Abbesses to the right, if casual will do. Zoom in on google maps and you'll see a number of them all a short walk to the Moulin Rouge. Go early, wander the neighborhood, gone quite upscale since I lived there for half a year when the area was solidly working class. How things do change, sometimes for the better and sometimes less so but it's still my favorite area to stay. Nostalgia, I suppose, and I like hills.
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Mme Perdu,
That is exactly what I plan to do. Wonder around, eat and then go make the line for the cabaret. Thank you for your suggestions and will check with google.
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 11:47 AM

Both of our forays to the Montmartre area and the Moulin Rouge in particular involved late lunches at a place just east of the Moulin on Blvd de Clichy @ rue des Martyrs called La Marmite Restaurant 1 ? Un site utilisant Sites La marmite Paris I enjoyed the large salad each time with potatoes on the top.
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks apersuader65
I am adding La Marmite to my list.
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 12:43 AM

Check out Bouillon Pigalle. It just opened in November 2017. One of my rather poor local friends swears by it. I haven't been yet.

Here's there website but they haven't done much with it yet. Click on their Facebook link.

HOME

Last edited by Belinda; Mar 11th, 2018 at 12:45 AM.