Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Philadelphia dining - Buddakan, Rouge, Tangerine, Brasserie Perrier or Pasion?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:17 AM
CDS

Buddakan, Rouge, Tangerine, Brasserie Perrier or Pasion? Which of these restaurants is your favorite? We are planning a weekend getaway to Philly (6 of us from NYC) and wanted to make reservations at 2 of the above. We are 30 and heard these are all hip, youngish and have great food. Any other recommendations?

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:00 AM
mitch

Buddakan without a doubt should be your number one priority!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:18 AM
elle

I'd go with:

#1--Pasion (if you can get in)
#2--Buddhakan
#3--Tangerine
#4--Brasserie Perrier
#5--Rouge

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:18 AM
ks

Personally, I think Pasion has the best food - excellent latin dishes. It is smaller and quieter than the rest, so if you want place with hopping music & attitude while you eat, then this is not it.
Tangerine & Buddakan are part of the Steven Starr owned restaurants. Check out http://www.buddakan.com/ You can see the menus here for all of his restaurants here. The food is good, more focus here is on the hip atmosphere. Morimoto is his newest restaurant - with Japanese/sushi dishes that are very good (but pricey) so you may want to try that.
Brasserie Perrier is typical french bistro food/atmosphere. The food is good, but if you're looking for something different and hip, this is not the place.
On Rouge, it is located at Rittenhouse Square. Devon Seafood Grill and Bleu are also right next door. They all have tables where you can sit out on the sidewalk and eat. I enjoy going here if the weather's nice and sitting outside for a meal/drinks. Personally, I'd pick one of these places for lunch outside or happy hour for some drinks. Then one of the other restaurants you listed for dinner.
Fork is also a restaurant you may want to consider. Olde City (where Buddakan, Fork, The Continental, Tangerine, Paradigm restaurants are located) has a good nightlife - with many choices for bars after dinner.
Have Fun!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:57 AM
sn

Last Sunday, Pasion was written up in the Philadelphia Inquirer magazine (www.philly.com) and received a rating previously attained only by Le Bec Fin and The Fountain. It's simply incredible. Next is Buddakan. Tangerine is funky but I think the food is not as good. Check out Alma De Cuba as well. Really though, Django is the hottest new place in town, but small and BYO.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 02:18 PM
elaine

1. Pasion*****
2. Brasserie Perrier
3. Buddakan
4. Tangerine
5. Rouge

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 02:30 PM
mara

I've eaten at both Buddakan and Pasion, and the food is excellent at both. Django and Pif are excellent bistros, but rather small. Do a search on Zagat's - I think they have a list of "in" restaurants, or something similar.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 12:56 PM
ttt

ttt