Search

Milos or Paros?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milos or Paros?

My wife and I will be staying on Sifnos for three nights with our 18-year-old son in mid-June. After Sifnos, we had hoped to travel to Santorini, but it seems there are few ferries from Sifnos mid-week this year to any place but Piraeus, Milos, and maybe Paros. If you had to choose between Milos and Paros for two nights, which would you prefer? (We aren't looking for an intense nightlife scene, but we would like our son to feel that he could go off and enjoy himself with others his age).
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Ouzo

You will need much more than 2 days on Sifnos for sure. There will be a number of ferries from Milos to Santorini (you may need to change on Ios). The majority of young people will tend to go to Paros rather than Milos, at least the first time they go to the Cyclades in Greece. The evening bars are much more numerous on Paros. You will also much more than one day on either otherwise you will be forever in transit.

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Efharisto, Ouzo. Perhaps we'll just stay all five nights on Sifnos, if we enjoy ourselves there. I'm hoping that Kamares will be lively in the evenings; we have some flexibility, so we'll decide after we get there.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 01:50 PM

www.gtp.gr shows 3 boats a week from Sifnos to Santorini, 2 on Sunday and 1 on Wednesday, the fastest being on Sunday leaving Sifnos at 6:20 PM and arriving on Santorini at 9:00 PM. The other two are overnight boats.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Brotherleelove. Unfortunately, we get to Sifnos on Saturday and wouldn't want to leave as early as Sunday; and the Wednesday boat is a very late one, which means not enough time in Santorini before our flight home. I've heard there is a local boat from Sifnos to Paros on Tuesday, so I'm hoping that's true.
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 04:51 PM

The Flying Dolphin runs daily between Paros and Santorini. The trip takes just over 2 hours. By all means, if you can find the time, go to Santorini. If you do, make sure to go to Oia.

http://www.greekislands.gr/hfd/