Milan Frustrations

Feb 5th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Milan Frustrations

How long does it actually take to get through the busy line for the Last Supper reservations? I just spent 30 minutes trying to get through and so far no luck!

I haven't booked any hotels in Milan (I doubt we are. We are just most likely staying in the airport because we have a very early flight the next morning).

Is it rude for me to email my Florence hotel and ask them if they could get a reservation at the Last Supper in Milan as well as Uffizi/Accademia ones in Florence itself? I just want to make sure that I'm not asking too much but it seems that hotel owners/managers have the most success in getting you a reservation.
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Oh, I forgot, a few notes regarding my post:

a) We are only in Milan for one night and only there to take an outbound flight

b) Had to use an operator to dial the number for me. He said that 011 39 02 8942 1146 got an automated message saying the number dialed is not the correct number. His manager said to drop the 0 after the 39 and the call went through but unfortunately the line was busy.... Is it really okay to drop the 0 even though it's clearly after 39 on the website?
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:44 AM

Defnitely DROP the O after the 39: +39 02 etc!
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:49 AM

there is a english language website where you can book ONLINE both the Uffici and the Last supper:
www.initaly.com and click on Museum reservations.
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

^ Thanks but I don't want to pay any more extra than I should. 18 euros for a full reservation per person? Nah, I'd much rather deal with the hassles of trying to get through the darn telephone line!

Will be trying every 30 minutes and maybe calling later in the day (their time) will yield results.

I'll email my Florence hotel and ask them if it's possible they could book for me? Doesn't hurt to ask! Although I hope they don't get all uptight and assume I'm thinking they're a free booking service then *poof* reservations are cancelled LOL.
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:10 AM

> Defnitely DROP the O after the 39: +39 02 etc!

Sorry but that's wrong. On the contary, keep the 0 bofore the city code (that is after the county code 39). For any other country, I would drop the 0 but Italy is an (funny but)exception !
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:13 AM

You are absolutely right I wanted to say keep it but I wrote drop it I know that it recently changed in Italy and you always keep the 0 for the city so Milano 02 sorry my mistake!!
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:18 AM

> know that it recently changed in Italy ..

How recent? I have been calling Italy this way (with 0) at least last 10 years.
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Okay, I just got through and somehow we had to add the 0 after 39 to get it to work again.... For some strange reason, dropping the 0 earlier this morning worked too.. I guess it depends but an update regardless:

No reservations possible for May. Call back in 1st week of March (despite what a poster told me). Oh well, now I know how the system works!