Last supper (Milan) booking suspended?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was trying to book a reservation for DaVinci's Last Supper through their official website and it says "booking service... is temporarily suspended". Anyone know if this is limited to their website? Or have they actually suspended viewings?
http://www.cenacolovinciano.org/sito/home.html
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 03:30 PM

Interesting bitten. I wonder if there is a new booking service? I can't imagine the actual viewings have been suspended, at least I haven't read anything about that. Do you have a hotel reserved in Milan? If so may I suggest you email them and ask them if they can reserve the slot for you. Let them know the date and the acceptable times and the number of people of course. I dont' know what else to suggest. Best wishes.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM

I just had the same experience trying to book Last Supper tickets----glad to see your posting and know I'm not alone. The really frustrating part as you said is not really knowing what is going on. I have read that sometimes a tour of the city will include a visit to the Last Supper and since we sometimes like a city tour to get an overview i may look into one of those.

In the meantime, it would be great if the website---or someone in the know about Milan---could provide a little more information!!
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 06:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was able to make a test reservation for two tickets at 16 euros each for the afternoon of Sept. 9, 2009, at this website:

http://www.tickitaly.com/tickets/las...er-tickets.php

Perhaps a problem would only pop up after I'd entered the payment info, but I didn't go that far...

The next website takes your request but says it cannot confirm the reservation for 2-3 business days, so I suppose they could come back and say booking is temporarily suspended.

http://selectitaly.com/museums.php?product_id=45

However, I think it's easier to have the hotel make your reservations. As LoveItaly said, give them as much flexibility on day(s) and time(s) as you can.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM

The end of June I purchased tickets on http://en.firenze.waf.it You might try that site.
You will need to go to the Milan section.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 09:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I imagine they are redoing their website (or it's been hacked or something). I would give it a few days and check back. While you can usually get tickets through reseller/booking sites such as tickitaly and selectitaly, they usually double the ticket price.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 09:56 PM

And often when Italian websites are down it takes forever for them to come back up. I have an artist friend whose website has been under construction for over a year, sigh. If it was me I would email the hotel where your are staying bitten and ask them if they can make the reservation for you. If that doesn't work, please post back and I will email a friend in Milan for assistance. Best regards.
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 06:21 AM

I booked it in June for the fall on the link from Rick Steves site
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM

I had a similar problem booking on their website so I called instead. It was very easy. Unfortunately I don't have the phone number anymore. You might be able to find if if you search on the internet.
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone booked by phone in the past couple days?

LoveItaly - I'm actually not staying in Milan overnight. Originally I was going to (early planning stages), but I opted for Torino for that night to watch Italy vs. Bulgaria. I've got a "slot" in Milan from 0800-1500 until I catch the train to Zürich.

I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and call.