Search

The Last Supper

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Last Supper

I posted a few days ago about British Airways and I have just about decided to fly KLM or Air France as I am too afraid to mess with British Airways. My next questions is about the Last Supper. I tried going on the official website and cannot get the page to translate. It then took me to another site to reserve there but when I called the operator told me they are not taking any reservations for 2010 yet and just to keep trying. I did a search on this forum and I saw that some people have used other services to reserve tickets but never came back and posted to say if it all went well. Does anyone know how else to get a reservation without having to go on a tour?
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 05:55 AM

Do you have a hotel in Milan yet? If so, call them (or email them) for advice and help on this. Just make sure you specify you don't want a tour, only the admission tickets and tell them you've already called the ticket office itself.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 05:59 AM

Hi Lrock, I lived in Milan (and saw the Last Supper) a few years ago - before this booking system was in place. I took a look at the site (you are right - it's only in Italian in both the Italian and English versions). It does explain in Italian that they are currently booking 17-31 December, so this seems to be in line with what you were told on the phone. Since there seems to be availability in the next days, you may want to just check in periodically. What you are booking online is not a tour, but a 15-minute entry to see the Last Supper. Maybe others can let you know how they booked these tickets through other agencies.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

I read through old threadsa nd I saw that someone booked theirs through selectitaly but they can only be booked up to 60 days in advance. Also someone else used tickititaly. I looked at tickititaly and their tickets were 16 euro each. I realize these are agencies that charge a fee so prices are higher. I don't mind paying 32 euro for the tickets. It is much better than 110 euro for a tour for 2. But, I just wanted to know if anyone has used these agenies and if all went well.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 08:21 AM

Our hotel arranged for our reservation time. When booking our hotel by e-mail I inquired about seeing the Last Supper and asked if they could arrange it and they did. We only had a day or two in Milan at the end of our trip, but this was definitely something we wanted to see and we are so glad we did. We were told to be there half an hour ahead of our scheduled time, which gave us time to visit the church while we waited.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 02:51 PM

I have used both Selectitaly and Ticketitaly several times for various tickets (including Last Supper) and found both to be reliable with no problems. I would recommend getting these tickets as soon as possible.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM

I just saw the English version on www.vivaticket.it.
I read (somewhere?) that they have recently changed the ticket service for the official website so maybe this is why reservations past Dec. 31 aren't available. I would definitely check with selectitaly or ticketitaly, even though it will cost a little more. It is worth it!