Search

Tickets for the Last Supper - Milan, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tickets for the Last Supper - Milan, Italy

Hello,

I am trying to make a reservation for the Last Supper in Milan on December 4, 2016. From my understanding, the tickets are free on the first Sunday of every month but you still have to make a reservation.

When I go to the official website and try to book, I am not able to make a reservation for this day. And the other days of the week before and after appear as sold out.

I have researched online and saw that some people suggested calling the ticket office. When I do so, and it successfully connects, I am able to select English and am put on hold for ~3 minutes before the line disconnects.

I've seen some people recommend booking through sites like ticketitaly but the prices I see there are ~42 euros each. Do you all have any suggestions?

Thank you
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you'll be in Milan on the 7th of December, you may be able to get in free that day with no reservation. In the past it's sometimes been free that day, which is the feast of Sant'Ambrogio (Saint Ambrose), the patron saint of Milan, thanks to the sponsorship of a bank.

Several years ago, I tried and failed to get tickets for the Last Supper for any of several days when we were in Milan for a visit. The only thing available was a commercial tour of the city, which included a visit to the Last Supper. We didn't have time far the half-day tour, and most of it didn't interest us.

On the 6th, we had dinner with friends who live in Milan. We mentioned our disappointment at not seeing the Last Supper, and they told us that we could get in free the next day. We arrived very early and got in with the second group.

This initiative was on last year, but I can't guarantee it for this year. They don't advertise it more than a day or two in advance.

The Feast of Sant'Ambrogio is a holiday in Milan, and the next day is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, which is a national holiday. These holidays are also the occasion of the traditional Obei-Obei fair in Milan. Lots of tacky stuff, but a very festive atmosphere. The Feast of the Immaculate Conception is considered the beginning of the Christmas season.

The Brera Painting Gallery may also be free on the 7th. It's well worth a visit, even if it's not free.