Reload this Page >

Milan Airport to Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:51 AM
cherie

We're flying into Milan and then going to Florence. From reading on this board - it seems that I have to take a bus from Milan airport to train station - about an hour and then a train to Florence - about 3 hours?<BR>Just wondering - is there a flight from Milan to Florence??? I checked Ryan Air and Virgin Express and they don't have one. Does anyone know of one? Is about 4 hours a good estimate of how long it will take to get from Milan airport to Florence? Any suggestions, appreciated. Thanks!

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:24 AM
mouse

Your estimate is close enough, trains run hourly so depends when you get to the station. For an intra-Italie flight you will need to check Alitalia as I don't believe any foreign carriers fly "local" routes there.

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Lynn

Cherie, we've been wondering how to go about this ourselves. When are you going and from where? My husband & I are going in early Sept. We're both over 65 and want the easiest & most convenient way to get there. My understanding is that air from Milan to Florence is very expensive.

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Steve James

Hello Cherie,<BR><BR>There seem to be 3/4 flights daily to Florence from Malpensa (Alitalia & Delta Air Lines). For times seeBR><BR>www.sea-aeroportimilano.it<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:45 AM
mouse

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:21 AM
GAC

Be aware that the Malpensa to Florence flights are operated by Alitalia and Alitalia Express, NOT Delta Airlines (which is merely code-sharing!). The flights themselves are perfectly fine.