May Weather

Apr 8th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

May Weather

Can someone help me pack? Wondering what the weather may be like in mid May in Prague.
Apr 8th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Neopolitan

I suppose, considering a current very lengthy thread (argument) about the value of trying to guess weather, you may not get a lot of answers. But here is the definitive one:

There will probably be some fairly cool weather -- could even be in the mid to upper 40s, but snow would be unlikely.
It could be quite warm and sunny, possibly into the 80's. Rain showers are possible, in fact likely.

Beyond that any attempt to be specific is a waste of time and energy.

If you want to look at historical figures for your dates (which are only averages and record setters -- not necessarily what it will be when you are there) www.wunderground.com is a good source.

Apr 8th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your answer which is what I was afraid of..should look at earlier thread...my parents dragged me to Vienna in '62 when I was a student in Naples and it snowed in June!
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Hi, janinva.

It is most likely that highs will be in the 60s and maybe low 70s, with lows in the 40s or low 50s in mid-May. Low 80s are possible, but not likely. Below freezing at night is possible, but not likely.

I'd use those ranges for general planning purposes for now. But when you get within 10 days of your departure, start checking the weather forecasts.
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:45 PM

No need to look at the earlier thread janinva. People help each other pack all the time on Fodor's, although some people now claim they resent being asked because there is no scientific answer!

Apr 10th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help! jan
Apr 10th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Neopolitan

true, nessundorma, did you have any more specific advice than what I gave above, and was restated pretty much the same by Rufus? If you can give janinva a more definitive answer, I'm sure she will appreciate it. And I am speaking from personal experience in Prague in May as well as from the historic figures.

Thanks janinva, for realizing and accepting the truth about the weather.